www.presidentmatch.com

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: [url]www.presidentmatch.com[/url]

thanks for the link!

100% bush here.

kind of scary to see some of the positions on some of those canidates.
i cringe to think what would happen if they were elected /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

it would be interesting to also have in those graphs WHY, with the candidates' own words, they take their chosen position.

it can be a little misleading to simply state that a candidate is for/against something, without understanding their rationale behind it.

Bob

Kristofg

Enlightened

Eh, I tried it, but I have a few questions. Could somebody please explain (in simple terms /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )
-The Patriot Act
-U.S. Involvement in NAFTA

I had to guess on those and a number of others of which I don't have a clue since I don't know how it currently is in the us. My winner seems to be Kerry. Bush only rates 34% and is number 8 in the list. Gay Rights, Abortion, religion and Gun control seem to be the things which gave him such a low rating.

Here you can find one for our government : http://www.standaard.be/algemeen/verkiezingen2003/stemadvies.asp

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think the questions are equally weighted.
The immigration questions and a few others should have knocked Bush down a few pegs but he still got 100% when I went through.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Kristofg said:
Eh, I tried it, but I have a few questions. Could somebody please explain (in simple terms /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )
-The Patriot Act
-U.S. Involvement in NAFTA

[/ QUOTE ]

Patriot Act - The revoking of personal freedoms to allow for easier investigation, and spying on individuals, and groups.

Nafta - North America Free Trade Agreement. Opens the Canadian, and Mexican borders to encourage the trade of goods, and freedom of movement of such goods. Mostly it just encourages the movement of jobs out of the US.

Of course it is only my interpretation. Most of our agreements, and executive orders seem to be written so that no 2 people can agree on what is really in there. If you can investigate for yourself.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bravo's explanation is, unfortunately, correct. NAFTA has allowed large corporate profits at US worker's expense. My county of only 30k employees has completely lost its two largest employers to Mexico and 3000 jobs.

The US government had more than enough info on the 9/11 terrorists, well before that tragedy occurred - they didn't act upon it though. The Patriot Act is actually anti-patriotic.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jayflash your right about the Patriot Act. I was only trying to offer the simplest expination. I just keep wondering how it is they had such a lengthy, and complex document ready for approval so quickly after 9/11.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

You can weight the importance of the various categories if you go way to the end of the quiz and rank your choices. It will still rank the candidates even if you don't complete all the personal info.