Question Re: Storing CR123A Primary's.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a question in regards to storing a few (four) boxes of Rayovac CR123A primary batteries, as well as a few Lithium AA's. Would it be OK to store them in a lunch container, which is similar to a Tupperware. These batteries will be in the container, placed at the bottom of my "Bail-Out-Bag". If OK to store it in this manner, is it alright to place a plastic spacer / divider above the boxes? No heavy weight, the container has a flat thing-a-ma-jig that you place in the freezer to keep the lunch cool. However, this will allow me to place a few small items in the container, as well as the batteries. Keeping the items from getting trashed about, if I need to grab the bag an go.

Wasn't sure, so figure I'd ask. Better safe then sorry.

Thanks,

Pops

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Pops,

I don't see any problems with what you are proposing.

The key is to protect the cells from physical damage, shorting out, as well as extremes in temperature.

Tom

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Pops,

I don't see any problems with what you are proposing.

The key is to protect the cells from physical damage, shorting out, as well as extremes in temperature.

Tom

Thanks, Tom! Appreciate the quick response! The batteries will be in their box (12 batteries to a box, X 4 boxes). The boxes fits / lays flat / upright on the bottom of the container. The spacer / freezer thing-a-ma-jig will be resting on the positive side of the box. Again, no real weight, just to keep a few small items organized in the same box. My Bail-Out-Bag (which is a 5.11 Wingman Patrol Bag) is sitting on the sofa in my motor home, so no problems with extreme temps.

Thanks again,

Pops

Last edited: