If I sent my light to Nitecore in China for repair, how long does it take?

insanefred

Enlightened
I sent in my MH25 on October 15th, Nitecore should of received it around the 26th. How would I check the status of my repair?

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
They should drop in here. Waiting is hard. That is why I would buy another NC! lol Everyone needs a EC11, MT06 and of course the TUBE!

Phlogiston

Enlightened
Three months is quite feasible as a worst case scenario.

Here in the UK, for example, shipping to and from China is usually quoted as 2-5 weeks, one way. Add a week for the flashlight maker to turn it around, and you're looking at 5 weeks total in the best case, or 11 weeks total in the worst case. If the flashlight maker is a bit slow at their end, that could add another week or two, and there you are: 3 months in the worst case.

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
We recommend sending the factory an email once you see the package arrives to confirm the delivery.
Then send them another email after a week to inquire about it.
The actual repair time is pretty fast in our experience as long as you have a contact in the factory to follow up the case for you.

If you are in US, by all means asking the factory to refer you to a in-State distributor to handle the warranty service in the future. It is a lot easier.

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
I'm in the US and the only way I purchased my lights (Nitecore, Fenix, Sunwayman, etc) has been through a reputable, in-State Distributor, mostly found on eBay. I wouldn't buy absolutely nothing from a China vendor, even if the light is offered at a lower price, don't want to deal with warranty repairs ($hipping, sending emails, and all the long waiting) not worth it, might as well pay a few more dollars and have a peace of mind.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I bought a laser in august and it took exactly 40 days to arrive after the dealer shipped it.
That is only one way, so I'd say worst case would be double that plus the time for nightcore to process it, best case over 2 weeks.

Raysbeam

Enlightened
I can't tell if you are trolling or telling the truth. :confused:

Oh yeah... That's how long it took for mine. My postal service always tells me it can take four or five months just to arrive in China.

I find it odd you make a post with a title "if I sent my light to Nitecore in China for repair, how long does it take" and someone gives you an estimate and you think they are trolling? Smh.

Roughly a month for shipping each way then however long it takes Nitecore to fix it and if it gets hung up in customs processing. My estimate seems pretty close.

Last edited:

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Three months is quite feasible as a worst case scenario.

Here in the UK, for example, shipping to and from China is usually quoted as 2-5 weeks, one way. Add a week for the flashlight maker to turn it around, and you're looking at 5 weeks total in the best case, or 11 weeks total in the worst case. If the flashlight maker is a bit slow at their end, that could add another week or two, and there you are: 3 months in the worst case.

We are living in the last century with regards to customer service. What we will put up with for the opportunity to purchase more lumens (which are overstated to say the least).

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
China is a postal crap shoot - Chinese customs can step in, causing weeks/months delay.... or not. My last purchase from China took 5 weeks for an in stock item, due to their customs, and it was a black hole of info. I try and direct my business to Chinese manufacturers that will swap lights in stock from within the US... and US companies, of course.