• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

S15R problem

Danielsan

Enlightened
I received my Olight S15R from gearbest and its a sweet little EDC light but unfortunately the red low voltage indicator is not working and im not the only one with this problem. I got this light for a good price so im not complaining to much but it is still a bit annoying since its impossible to send the light back to china cause the shipping would be more than i paid for the light. Why the indicator is not working? Maybe you need to check those indicators as well before they pass the QC? The protection circuit of the battery will always kick in without a warning. Are those S15R from gearbest 2nd rate items? I know from another guy with a S10R and he has the same problem

Wet

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps the problem could be in the battery somehow. Have you measured battery voltage after the protection circuit kicked in? I also wonder will the indicator light glow red if you use 1.5 V AA alkaline cell in S15R?

Danielsan

Enlightened
Perhaps the problem could be in the battery somehow. Have you measured battery voltage after the protection circuit kicked in? I also wonder will the indicator light glow red if you use 1.5 V AA alkaline cell in S15R?

No i dont have such a device, i only have the xtar charger and it said 2.8xV when i put it in. I tested an Eneloop a few minutes ago and the indicator is not glowing red. Does the light offer any internal protection like cutting off at 3.0V ?

Last edited:

Raysbeam

Enlightened
My s15 powered by Olight 14500's would always just shut off without notice also and would only get 2h 25m max on 70 lumens so I sold it.

Wet

Newly Enlightened
No i dont have such a device, i only have the xtar charger and it said 2.8xV when i put it in. I tested an Eneloop a few minutes ago and the indicator is not glowing red. Does the light offer any internal protection like cutting off at 3.0V ?

If S15R works with 1.2 V Eneloop, I think it doesn't have any internal battery protection for li-ions, and it would run just about any unprotected battery down to perhaps less than 1.0 V.