Malkoff        

Thread: GoingGear.com - Olight S1-Ti - Titanium EDC in Two Finishes with NW XM-L2

Flashaholic

Default GoingGear.com - Olight S1-Ti - Titanium EDC in Two Finishes with NW XM-L2

Olight has a long tradition of creating limited edition lights for the holidays. The first one for this year, the S1-Ti (available in polished and bead blasted), is one of their best ever.

Many of you come to us looking for gifts for friends and family or even something special for yourself. The Olight S1 is one of the rare items that we recommend for everyone thanks to its compact size, high output, great interface, magnetic tailcap, and flat-out usefulness. Everywhere gets dark eventually, so make sure you have a tool that can light up the night.

The Olight S1-Ti takes all the great features of the original S1 and puts them in a body made from titanium alloy that is complemented by a rose gold PVD bezel and switch ring. The light packs a total of 480 lumens which gives you 110 meters beam distance from a neutral white XM-L2 LED. There are three standard modes and two special modes including a 0.5 lumen moonlight mode and a 10Hz strobe mode. The light comes with lanyard, a CR123 battery, and a white traffic wand. The light takes 1x CR123 or 1x16340 battery.

The S1-Ti in bead blasted and polished is available for pre-order and will be ready to ship in the next week. Quantities are limited and are already selling quickly, so we won't have these for long.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: GoingGear.com - Olight S1-Ti - Titanium EDC in Two Finishes with NW XM-L2

Do it come in cool white too or just Neutral White only?

Flashaholic

Default Re: GoingGear.com - Olight S1-Ti - Titanium EDC in Two Finishes with NW XM-L2

Quote Originally Posted by glockboy View Post
    Do it come in cool white too or just Neutral White only?

NW only.

Flashaholic*

Is the neutral white a GG exclusive?
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

GoingGear, do you have one on hand? I have heard that the latest UI has the moonlight mode as hidden (so it is not memorized when switched off). Is this the case for the ti one?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    GoingGear, do you have one on hand? I have heard that the latest UI has the moonlight mode as hidden (so it is not memorized when switched off). Is this the case for the ti one?
    They just shipped yesterday, so we won't have them for another couple days.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by jabe1 View Post
    Is the neutral white a GG exclusive?
    No, they're all NW.

I'm with my Penguin friend- I'd need to know if these have the new UI without moonlight being able to be memorized before committing. I'd love a beadblast if they have the older UI... Fingers crossed!

EDIT- BIG kudos to Olight for the neutral white on these.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    I'm with my Penguin friend- I'd need to know if these have the new UI without moonlight being able to be memorized before committing. I'd love a beadblast if they have the older UI... Fingers crossed!

EDIT- BIG kudos to Olight for the neutral white on these.
    I'm not sure if it can be memorized, but it can always be accessed from off with a long press.

Yes. But the one feature that I like vs zebralight is the memorized moonlight mode.

I would just like a second S1 (If I buy one) to have the same UI as the first one I have...

Flashaholic*

The moonlight on the Ti is press and hold from off. Hidden but not too well.

By the way, not to steal your thunder GG but I am surprised you have not announced the S1 Cu preorder. Nice to see you went with the raw in addition to the PVD coat, three versions in all; I put mine in a few minutes ago. Have to have the full set you know! What's next? Brass? Bronze? SS?
    An S1R edition would be a great followup (in all three Al, Ti, and Cu), just give us some time to recharge.

I am loving the S1 but time to upgrade the emitter, no? EDIT: To be clear, love the NW but I mean a HiCRI edition would be awesome.

I just ordered the GoingGear exclusive copper Raw SS Olight S1Baton.
    The exclusive has raw copper with stainless steel bezel, clip and button ring.
    Can you tell us how many are being made?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by RGRAY View Post
    I just ordered the GoingGear exclusive copper Raw SS Olight S1Baton.
    The exclusive has raw copper with stainless steel bezel, clip and button ring.
    Can you tell us how many are being made?
    It hasn't been finalized yet, but at least 250.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGear.com View Post
    It hasn't been finalized yet, but at least 250.
    Have any shipped yet?
    Last edited by RGRAY; 12-01-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by RGRAY View Post
    Have any shipped yet?
    No, but they should be shipping this week. Final number is 400 for our exclusive.

Flashaholic*

GG, you've been silent on the Brass edition available on your site although you did announce them on IG. How many units do you plan for those GG exclusives?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by monanza View Post
    GG, you've been silent on the Brass edition available on your site although you did announce them on IG. How many units do you plan for those GG exclusives?

250 of each finish, so 500 total.

Flashaholic*

Thanks, already ordered a few days ago of course, was just curious. Should help fence sitters decide!

Enlightened
    Northern California hidden deep in a bunker

are all the S1-Ti GG exclusives (ss trim) gone?
    I don't see them on your site...

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by rjhooper View Post
    are all the S1-Ti GG exclusives (ss trim) gone?
    I don't see them on your site...

Maybe you're thinking of the S1-Cu Raw? We don't have an exclusive Ti model, just Cu and Br.