Okay, So What is Your Oldest (Still Working, & Using Weekly) Light?

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
For Me, it is a pair:

1. Streamlight UltraStinger incan, new I think in 2008, still works great.

2. MagLight modded to a ROP. It's my wife's light and sits on her nightstand. She had me keep it up and charged when I was still on the railroad, retired in late 2010. it will light up a yard, huge flood, Big spot.

Oh and an old UltraFire C3 led (single 123). Still around here getting used infrequently.

What do you have?

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't you guys like to know? I really need to sit down and do a full write up of all my lights and how they have held up in the last 7 years. Essentially I'm down to 4-5 functioning lights out of 20 or so, My Trusty first gen Electrolumens EDC-P7 actually died earlier this year, was a sad day, LED was acting up than went blue faded came on a few times than nothing. Proton Pro died about 2 years ago, god that was a reliable light till than. All I've got left is the Wolf-Eyes M90 I got in one of the CPF X-miss giveaways, and that light is used daily and has been since than probably over 5 years now to think it's an incan. Still running the original AW 2,200 Li-ions. My Avatar light still works the Big Beam 1000 Ultra Mod, in fact if there was some sort of run time record has to be up there been on every night from sun up to sun down since I built it, it's actually my last LED light still working everything else has died. The SUN my 150 watt Big Beam modded light defies the test of time and has shown that over engineering is the key to durability. I look around I actually don't see any other lights that work "that are also used more than once every few years". My original 6-D maglite is still running actually used that at least twice a week.

MrJino

Enlightened
If by protons you mean those tiny keychain button lights, they were unmatched at the time.
I actually haven't seen anything smaller and as powerful still, I'm talking a decade at least.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
1996 black 4D Mag modified with the full on Malkoff 700+ OTF lumen drop in, aluminum OP reflector and glare coated glass. Oh and the very expensive 4 11000mah Powerex NiMH D's I run in it.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I inherited a 4d mag from like '79 that still works.

It's a behind glass shelf queen now.

But the oldest one I bought myself is an LED Lenser from the 90's.
Best guess is 'V2 tri-beam' as I have no idea where I bought it and when...

or the 2" long 'energizer' incan I've had in a dresser drawer since the 80's that came with a pack of aa's way back then.
Just found it recently stuffed waaaaaaay in the back with my kids (now nearing 30) baby photos.

Almost forgot the ancient rail road lanterns...don't know if they work. But I inherited them from my pop as well. Like 6 of them hanging from the rafters of the garage I inherited.
Except for making room for a car the building is largely the way my dad left it.

Edit: just noticed the 'still edc' part....eh, that'd be a Malkoff MD2 bought in August of this year.

Last edited:

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
My oldest working light is this incan Energizer 4AA flashlight/lantern. It's great for waking up in the middle of the night and not being blinded by a hundred lumens. Though now i have a few string lights that use 3AA batteries in which i leave on so if my Energizer light has dead batteries or the bulb blows out i can always grab one of my other ones.

I also have an AAA, AA, and 2D Maglites (the 2D is LED).

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like many others. Original to me that was bought new. It's a Maglite 3C. I got it from the MAC tools truck back in the early 90's. It got left under the hood of a car for 4 years. Found it, replaced batteries, no leaking luckily, ran flawless. Upgraded to a Malkoff drop in and it sits in the TV stand for general purpose use.

torchsarecool

Enlightened
I have my 2AA mini mag brought around 1997 ish. Still works and it's beside my bed.
Oldest light I have is a 1982 7c maglite. It's absolutely knackered but still glows. It's hardly an edc though

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
7c Maglite
Man that sounds cool :)

SF E2L the older 45 lumens model. Many years old.
I threw out all my 90's Maglites long time ago. Still working but just too big these days.

akhyar

Enlightened
Surefire E2e (twist switch) with KL1 head. Bought the E2e way back in 2003.
The stock incan head is still avalable although the incan bulb already blown. Future candidate for drop-in upgrade from Tana or Lumens Factory

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured I would find a pic of the under hood. For better visual interpretation of my story. I will get the light out and take a pic too. So you have the full monty. :) So, I googled and found one and circled where my light was. It was behind the ECM under the hood. Somehow I didn't see it when I was putting the computer back in. I removed the computer and was running a NOS line and wires for a bottle heater. :) :) That LT1 flew back in the day. Low 12's high 11's. Not too shabby in 1995.

6_zpsqozqr3v8.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
Oldest flashlights of mine still in regular use would probably be a McGizmo PD-S ( HA/Aluminum version, circa 2005 ? ) and one of my SureFire A2 ( HA, 4-flats, smooth bezel, long clip, Digital Plus Series, circa 2002 ? ) .

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I figured I would find a pic of the under hood. For better visual interpretation of my story. I will get the light out and take a pic too. So you have the full monty. :) So, I googled and found one and circled where my light was. It was behind the ECM under the hood. Somehow I didn't see it when I was putting the computer back in. I removed the computer and was running a NOS line and wires for a bottle heater. :) :) That LT1 flew back in the day. Low 12's high 11's. Not too shabby in 1995.

6_zpsqozqr3v8.jpg

RYT ON :twothumbs

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
Oldest light that I still use regularly is my 1998 AAA Mini-Mag, which now lives in my briefcase. It got a stupid-expensive Terralux LED in it about seven or eight years ago (but there were no LED Maglites when I bought that). Very handy around the office, finding car keys after a flight, or just for finding stuff that sinks to the bottom of the bag.

Last month I was a poll clerk for our Federal election and I had the cheery thought that even if the power went off in the school gym where our poll was set up, I probably had enough lights with me (Mini Mag, Quark, keychain light, etc.) to keep the poll going till power came back...and I didn't pack any extra lights. Either I belong here or I have a problem.

Bill

altermann

Enlightened
My oldest - is mini maglite
With the TM mark near the eye logo and little different type of text than newest lights, it's really old, camo coating is almost gone but under it there great black ano..
It's still working it was my first quality brand flashlight, my father gave it to me when i was 14.
This light was bought in UN shop by one man who was peacemaker in Bosnia, during his mission.

Last edited:

1LL1

Newly Enlightened
My first intro to LED ever was a Fenix PD10, it's all beat up but still running, I"m just tired of feeding it expensive CR123, so I order some 18350 & 16340 and see how that goes, if it fry, oh well. Took a break and stop buying light for a while, now I'm getting into the *650 thingy. Got a couple nitecore on the way to try out :naughty:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My oldest - is mini maglite
With the TM mark near the eye logo and little different type of text than newest lights, it's really old, camo coating is almost gone but under it there great black ano..
It's still working it was my first quality brand flashlight, my father gave it to me when i was 14.
This light was bought in UN shop by one man who was peacemaker in Bosnia, during his mission.

Great story.
That ole gal is a keeper for sure!!

Saiga

Enlightened
I have a red-LED Gerber Infinity that has been my bedside, midnight bathroom-run light for many years (10?) . I don't think I've ever changed the battery.