Maxtorch        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What pants do you prefer for adventuring, questing, or even edw?

Flashaholic*

Default Re: What pants do you prefer for adventuring, questing, or even edw?

Bergans with dermizax. Keeps me dry and warm, year after year after year. Not cheap. In winter, well i dont adventure mutch in winter, too mutch snow, and too cold to go skiing up hiils. And the last time i went skiing, my front thooth broke in half when going downhill ...

I recently got a pair of Prana Zion convertible pants- they are amazing! Fits me true to size, lightweight, stretchy material. Only trade off with the convertible pants is the zipper hits me just below the knee (perfect for when they are shorts) but when I squat down that part doesn't slide as smoothly up over the knee. If they would make the Zions (non convertible) with dual cargo pockets, that would be my ideal pant.

I have a few pair of LA Police Gear Operator pants with the elastic waistband. I love the size of the cargo pockets; I can literally fit my 8" tablet in them!!!

They have held up very well to the abuse I have put them through; the ripstop material is much stronger than I anticipated! I am probably getting close to retiring a pair, but I have definitely got my money's worth out of them. I'll be ordering more for sure.

Flashaholic CanadianSurvivalCompany's Avatar

Personally have stuck mostly with 5.11, some proper as well as a few carhartt. With the amount of thorns here a way to keep them from sticking you is a must.
    Providing objective views on quality gear and tools
    Join us for our adventures!
    Instagram - Youtube - Facebook

My work issues the 5.11 tac lite pro pants, (coyote) they are very comfortable and light. I have also used them on hikes, they are easy to move around in and the material is good quality. The color does fade a bit after a bunch of washes but you have to compare them to new pants to really tell.

Flashaholic CanadianSurvivalCompany's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech25 View Post
    My work issues the 5.11 tac lite pro pants, (coyote) they are very comfortable and light. I have also used them on hikes, they are easy to move around in and the material is good quality. The color does fade a bit after a bunch of washes but you have to compare them to new pants to really tell.
    That's a major issue I've found. Also keeping ar mags in the pockets when they have the sleeves don't tend to last.
    Providing objective views on quality gear and tools
    Join us for our adventures!
    Instagram - Youtube - Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Bard Light View Post
    I have a few pair of LA Police Gear Operator pants with the elastic waistband. I love the size of the cargo pockets; I can literally fit my 8" tablet in them!!!

They have held up very well to the abuse I have put them through; the ripstop material is much stronger than I anticipated! I am probably getting close to retiring a pair, but I have definitely got my money's worth out of them. I'll be ordering more for sure.
    I love my LA police gear pants, they have held up well.
    Reliability, NW and moonlight mode, the most important factors in a light

I recently got two pairs of the costco equivalent to the pranas, they are noisier, quality is not like prana but they are light, dry fast and the thigh pocket is higher up so that I can unzip it without bending down.

I interchange them with the prana, they are great pants for the price. I still am waiting for my ideal pant, which would be the prana Zion's with dual thigh pockets. I would forgo the zip off feature in a heartbeat.

I still am waiting for my ideal pant
    Have you tried Propper brand pants yet?
    Maratac AAA Rev5, AAA Cu Rev4, AAA Brass Rev4 ][ Lumintop Tool Cu, Tool Ti, Worm SS ][ Fenix E05 v1, LD12 ][ Olight S2, i3E EOS

I have not tried that brand- it looks similar to the 5.11, which I get issued to me at work.

I used the 5.11 for hiking and casual wear, but find the Prana to be lighter and don't have the heat build up as much as the 5.11 (tac lite pro)

I have not tried that brand- it looks similar to the 5.11, which I get issued to me at work.

I used the 5.11 for hiking and casual wear, but find the Prana to be lighter and don't have the heat build up as much as the 5.11 (tac lite pro)
    Ah okay... I've never tried/worn 5.11 brand pants.... The Propper pants come in both a Standard (thicker) version, and also a Lightweight version. I wear the Lightweight pairs during the warmer/summer months and the Standard pairs during the Fall/Winter/early Spring....
    Maratac AAA Rev5, AAA Cu Rev4, AAA Brass Rev4 ][ Lumintop Tool Cu, Tool Ti, Worm SS ][ Fenix E05 v1, LD12 ][ Olight S2, i3E EOS

Dickies Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Double Front Duck Work Pant Dickies item #BDU265

Made with 11.5oz "duck" canvas they are far more tear, cut, & puncture resistant than any denim jeans & some "rip-stop" pants, & for the above scenarios, I don't want anything in cargo pockets moving around all day & eventually rubbing my leg raw... been there done that, not much fun.

As the description implies, they have 2 layers of canvas sewn and riveted onto the front from about the mid-thigh to where the top of an 8" hiking boot should ride for added cut & puncture resistance if you happen to be hiking in rocky areas or through dense hard brush. They're $36 + shipping if ordered from Dickies, but can be found cheaper.

Down side is they are heavier than most jeans & cargo pants, and a bit on the warm side.
    Last edited by chaosdsm; 10-07-2016 at 06:49 AM.

I have a drawer-and-a-half filled with TOL Quicksilver and Rip Curl board shorts.

Unenlightened

Lightbulb Re: What pants do you prefer for adventuring, questing, or even edw?

I like Columbia) Good quality!

Nice suggestions guys, I am in need of a "fleet" of EDC pants for hot weather

Going to check out some Deluth pants in person I think - I am always in between sizes (I am like a 30x29 but skinny as a stick, lol)

As I mentioned before- for the price (less then $20) the Costco pants are great.

However, when Goruck comes out with their upgraded challenge pant- I will probably get a couple. The material feels great, is comfortable and they last through what you can throw at it. My info comes from people that have them and used them for a while. They are expensive but I am going to splurge on a couple of pairs.

I just had my third pair of 5.11 pants. I feel so comfortable wearing it. Also have 2 pairs of Columbia

That $25 price point makes it tough. Nice thing is though that a lot of the brands mentioned here will last for years and years with a little care.

Personally (in no particular order); 5.11 TacLite, Propper Lightweight Tacitcal Pants, Dockers Comfort Cargo D3 Classic-Fit Flat-Front Pant (these have inset zip thigh pockets and I have them starched and wear them as dress pants to work), Duluth Fire Hose work pants

*Flashaholic*

Vertx vertx vertx

VTX1000DT
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Flashaholic*

Just found myself a pair of Draggin Jeans.

So incredibly comfortable,and also tough.

Cargo Pants, Black.

5.11 Brand are fantastic. Especially if you get them wet. But if you don't want to pay about $75.oo for one pair, LAPG has their branded cargo pants for around $20.oo

You lose the waterproof feature but otherwise it's basically the same quality. Would recommend placing only thin, flat items in the cargo pockets though.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12