{{ Stuff that just works }}

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Have you ever had a product,, any product
that exceeded your expectations, or was so good you bought another right away?

Share your experiences__:thumbsup:

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
1. Leatherman Sideclip. I NEED pocketclips, can't stand loose items in the bottom of my pockets, and can't really do belt sheaths day in day out. Probably my most used multitool. I had two, my son lost one, a member here found one for me in a hardware store in England and was kind enough to purchase and ship it to me. That is still new in box, while my original backup now gets used pretty hard.

2. 4WR Vise Grip pliers. Look just like regular, but 4" long. Tiny but incredibly useful. I had wanted a Leatherman Crunch (Theme here?) but they were pretty expensive for what they are in my opinion. These 4WR's are light, locking, fairly cheap, easy to pack, and make great pot handles when cooking. Also nice to have a second pair of pliers for gear repair , etc. in the woods. Makes a great bit holder for the Leatherman bits, or others for that matter. I've got four or five of these scattered in bags, cars, trucks, etc. Pics side by side forthcoming.
EDIT- Pics.

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

3. Zebralight SC62w. Ordered one, used it for one night when it showed up, have a second put aside in case the first one goes bad. I like it that much.

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
May sound stupid but, Griots Garage Cleaner Wax. It just works.

hotlinked image removed
^

My Dad was nuts about Griots products,, especially the window cleaner.
He would buy it by the gallon, somehow I now have 2 gallons of Griots window cleaner.

Not sure if I'll go though 2 gal. of it in my life:eek:oo:

>> On a more CPF note, one thing I bought another right away was a EagleTac D25LC2 Mini {twisty}
to this date, I have not found a more grail light for me

hotlinked image removed

Last edited by a moderator:

markr6

Flashaholic
Rain-X!!! It amazes me every time, especially after a fresh application and anything 50mph+. But it does last quite a long time.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to contribute, but none of my stuff seems to "just work" anymore. :(

How about this? Half a spoon of baking soda for serious stomach acid attacks. Relief in seconds where OTC antacids take their sweet time about it.
It's good for first aid for battery spills and a bunch of other stuff too. Glad we have it, what would the world be like without baking soda?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Rain-X!!! It amazes me every time, especially after a fresh application and anything 50mph+. But it does last quite a long time.

Have to agree. Regarding the wipes only though. The spray bottle is just awful. Smears all over the place.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Leatherman Sideclip. I NEED pocketclips, can't stand loose items in the bottom of my pockets, and can't really do belt sheaths day in day out. Probably my most used multitool. I had two, my son lost one, a member here found one for me in a hardware store in England and was kind enough to purchase and ship it to me. That is still new in box, while my original backup now gets used pretty hard.

2. 4WR Vise Grip pliers. Look just like regular, but 4" long. Tiny but incredibly useful. I had wanted a Leatherman Crunch (Theme here?) but they were pretty expensive for what they are in my opinion. These 4WR's are light, locking, fairly cheap, easy to pack, and make great pot handles when cooking. Also nice to have a second pair of pliers for gear repair , etc. in the woods. Makes a great bit holder for the Leatherman bits, or others for that matter. I've got four or five of these scattered in bags, cars, trucks, etc. Pics side by side forthcoming.
EDIT- Pics.

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

3. Zebralight SC62w. Ordered one, used it for one night when it showed up, have a second put aside in case the first one goes bad. I like it that much.
I still use my Leatherman SideClip, and even have the the part for it to use bits. :)

Megatrowned

Enlightened
Knipex pliers ...

h8aEqB2.jpg

Haha! As I started reading this thread, this is the product I was thinking about mentioning! I've tried a number of tool brands over the years, and nothing grabs as well as these do.

As as far as lighting products go that exceed my expectations, three letters: HDS.

:thumbsup:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Great Thread Here !

:thumbsup:

lovecpf

I look forward to reading everyone's contributions.

Myself, gotta' mention --

Sanyo / Panasonic Eneloop rechargeable batteries !

Had always avoided " rechargeable " cells,
because they would be DEAD when I actually NEEDED them.

Simply were not a reliable choice for me.

Enter the Sanyo Eneloop !

Holds most of its charge for YEARS ! ! !

Incredibly dependable and reliable.
I'm still using (on a daily basis)
AA Eneloop batteries which I purchased:

8 Years Ago !

Never Leak.
Can quickly be " topped off " with no memory effect.
So I can always have a Fully-Charged battery in my device !
No need to "run down" an alkaline, to use it all up.

Eneloops were certainly a GAME CHANGER !

:twothumbs
_

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Hate to turn the subject to flashlights but...

Malkoff MD2. I was so impressed with the choice of lumens on low, then there was that awesome beam in high...
I bought one to stash.

Did the same thing with a tan Sure Fire G2x Pro.

Back to not flashlights:

Padded handle vice grips by Craftsman. So rigid when breaking loose mega stuck bolts and the padded handle allows you to clamp even tighter.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Back to lights.... I'd say every old school SureFire I own with a pressure switch tailcap. Even my Milky-modded L1 Xtreme with two-stage pressure switch tailcap.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Light wise, haven't found a light that works better for me than an Eagletac D25A2. I also have to second the eneloops, they just can't be beat for a rechargeable battery.

I have also over the years found a Ruger 10/22 just flat out works, well as long as you don't use cheap magazines.

Quark PRO QP2L-X, after four years of experimenting, I found a true love. For my needs, it just works.

iMac, after 16 years of always needing to fix my PC, I purchased an Apple. I love my iMac.

1994 Chevrolet Astro, 311,000 stop n go delivery miles. Every time I turn the key, it just works.

John Deer SRX95 riding mower. I've used it to mow an acre of lawn for 12 years. It's been the most trouble-free tool I've ever owned.

~ Chance

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have also over the years found a Ruger 10/22 just flat out works, well as long as you don't use cheap magazines.

I wish I could say the same thing. Even with standard Ruger 10 rounders, I've found the 10/22, even properly cleaned, hates a heavy diet of .22s. Typically one jam per magazine. Which I guess isn't that surprising since it's a semi-auto tossing out rimfire rounds. Often, brass flying out at weird angles. Ended up with one right between my eyes. (Thumbs up for shooting glasses.) One round jammed so bad I had to reach in and rip it out. The bullet was literally at a 90 degree angle to the casing. I didn't even think that was possible.

Excellent gun, lots of accessories.... Just a bit disappointing for me.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
One day in a doctors office I read the Kimber 1911 converted to a 22 has jamming issues with some rounds but not others.

It was a while ago so I do not recall which it preffered.

Guess what I'm saying is "have you tried different brands of ammo?"