*new* Fenix SF18

kj2

Flashaholic
2vxej5l.jpg
9q8gol.jpg

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
wish I could read Chinese but I am thinking this is the 2015/16 edition TK22? Sure looks like it. Wonder when the western release will be...

wjv

Enlightened
wish I could read Chinese but I am thinking this is the 2015/16 edition TK22? Sure looks like it. Wonder when the western release will be...

Sure looks like the TK family (TK15, TK22 and such)

Wonder what SF stands for?

Slowly Fading
Sloppy Focus

;)

Just joking. . . Half my lights are Fenix and I really like the TK series of light.

Jiri

Newly Enlightened
The beam on the picture looks pretty neutral white, compared to the official picture with TK22 (2014) ?, but on the first look I don't see much of a difference except +30 lumens compared to TK22. I wish to see more info (in english) :) Neutral tint would be very nice! :)

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
this has me very curious. My 2014 TK22 is one of my most used lights and I run 2xCR123 cause Im an output junkie for the 1000 lumens Fenix claims it gets with 2x source. There has gotta be something else about this new edition the 2014 doesnt have besides 20 more lumens. As for a neutral tint I seriously doubt it. But it will be a well chosen emitter for sure...

Maybe a Chinese speaking member can translate for us? I tried looking for this on google and all I found was this thread lol...good find kj2

Jiri

Newly Enlightened

Well... on this picture the beam definitelly looks cool white, almost the same like with TK22. Interesting. I thought with new TK22 they will use the dual tactical tailcap switch like they did with TK16... well I guess never mind.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
The selling point is the beam with smoother transition from spot to corona to spill, overall a more even and eye-pleasing beam profile.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
a Chinese market only light perhaps? I find the minor design differences between this and the TK22 interesting...

Swede74

Enlightened
product description
Fenix ​​SF18 adhering to strong, powerful, fully waterproof design ideas for harsh outdoor environments. It has four brightness stalls and a variable frequency strobe mode, the maximum brightness of 950 lumens, spot uniformity soft, smooth and natural. Head-side press a button to control different brightness and strobe mode, convenient; plus tactical ring, aluminum attack head, tail tactical switch light touch and waterproof to IPX-8, I believe both are on duty, hunting, or search and rescue, SF18 are worthy of your trust and good partners.

Product Features
Use Cree XM-L2 (U2) LED, lifetime 50,000 hours
• Use a 18650 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries or 2 3V CR123A lithium batteries
· 147 mm (length) x 25.4 mm (diameter) x40.5 mm (cylinder head)
· Weight 150 g (without battery)
· Constant current circuit, constant brightness
Low pressure alert to remind you to change the remaining battery power while charging low
· Anti-reverse design prevents the battery installed against circuit harm
· Anti-roll, slip the barrel design
· Tail tactical switch, light touch
· Neck dimming button, a key shift dimming
Adopt aviation aluminum manufacturing
· A wear surface processing Army regulations three hard anodizing
• Use double-sided AR coating glass lens
Optional accessories

I Google translated this

http://www.fenixlight.com.cn/ProductMore.aspx?id=192&tid=24&cid=32

from the Chinese version of Fenix's website.

Multilingual manual: http://www.fenixlight.com.cn/download/Fenix-SF18-Multilingual-User-Manual.pdf

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: