4Sevens PK Series - new addition to the micro EDC pocket rocket genre

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
its a tail twisty, no button. You just push on the "loose threads" to get momentary. The same way as you can with all twistys.

"It's not an imperfection, it's a feature."

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
its a tail twisty, no button. You just push on the "loose threads" to get momentary. The same way as you can with all twistys.

wjv

Enlightened
Meah. . . .

Typical 47's

25L or 450L with nothing in between

At least they seem to finally have noticed that their run times were very poor and are doing something about that. They really need to do a product refresh and get their lumens/run times up to the level of their competitors.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good to me!

kind of glad not all manufacturers make the exact same spec'd & featured models... Yet

nbp

Flashaholic
Since PK left SF he makes such crazy looking stuff. Haha. Those aren't for me. I agree about the weird mode spacing also. I like that blue color though. Wouldn't mind seeing that on something that suits me better.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a nice light but the mode spacing is quite strange. Would prefer a moonlight, medium and high with mode memory instead. I like the momentary plus twisty feature though pretty cool.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its not actually a tail cap because it doesn't come off, battery loads in from the head. Like an HDS Rotary
It seems like an L1 though with an indexed position to engage Lo and Hi... only its theres no button... but its got a lockout feature like an L1
I hope it can store Medium mode (100 lumens) in memory
But I think I'm going to find its got just the right amount of a Hi and Low level
Got a Blue Paladin on order

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me, this is more a fashion statement than well-engineered flashlight.

Make that "fashion over-statement."

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meah. . . .

Typical 47's

25L or 450L with nothing in between

At least they seem to finally have noticed that their run times were very poor and are doing something about that. They really need to do a product refresh and get their lumens/run times up to the level of their competitors.
I agree. Levels could be more and better spaced. I think there is a medium 100 lumen in the hidden modes.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't see any info on a medium 100 lumen mode hidden or not. I will have to watch the video again.

There was a medium mode in the video, however it wasn't clear to me if these modes could be accessed only by the hidden modes or if it had memory. I think a L, M, H format would have been nice instead of just two. Glad to see them stepping up output at least looking forward to other announcements.

I didn't see any info on a medium 100 lumen mode hidden or not. I will have to watch the video again.

From the FourSevens website:

BRIGHTNESS LEVELSLow: 25 lumens, 30 hrs
High:450 lumens, 2 hrs
SPECIAL MODESStrobe(10hz): 3 hrs
S.O.S.: 6 hrs
Medium Output: 100 lumens, 4 hours
Beacon(High): 9 hours
Beacon(Low): 16 hours

Last edited:

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
a little too gimmicky for my taste. if the "crown" was an add on feature i think it would be better, either that or include two of the bezel rings to cover up the head thread and the body threads. the output modes are fine to me, i usually use either low or high on most my lights. moonlight low is nice, but moonlight mode in my opinion is only needed for a couple lights in a collection; for my uses at least.