Old SureFire Find

MBentz

Enlightened
Dropped by my LGS after work today to fondle some guns on my shortlist. Checked out the flashlight section of course, but the only SF light I could see was a Fury at full MSRP. On my way out something caught my eye in a display case that had a lot of random items in it. The thing that caught my eye? The old school silver and black SureFire box. The contents? A brand spanking new SureFire 3P. The box is a little rough, but the light is mint. It even has the original expired Duracell battery. Happy Friday all. :)

Kestrel

Flashaholic
In a similar note, I went by the post office to buy stamps and was able to pick up an old 'Inverted Jenny' that had slid under a drawer, lol.

But seriously, holy crap - that's one of the best modern CPF finds ever. Dying to know how much you paid. Or maybe I don't ... ;)

Edit: Also, don't throw away the battery _please_. This is a rare opportunity to get a data point on its residual charge level, a serendipitous event for such an ancient cell. Someone here on the forum can analyze it to determine its remaining W-H etc.

Last edited:

MBentz

Enlightened
I'm not going to toss the old battery, do not worry. I have a new cell in it currently if I wish to play.

I'll let you know what I paid if you really want.

scout24

Flashaholic
Happy Friday indeed! If you plan to keep and use it, Lumensfactory will make you bulbs that fit and work beautifully, sparing the factory bulb. I bought four when I asked if they would make them, it was a very modest premium over the cost of a regular module. Just send them an email.