Thrunite TN4A HI vs TN4A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thumper360

Banned
I was about to buy a tn4a on amazon when i went to thrunite's website and noticed two different models. A tn4a for 54.99 and a TN4A HI for 59.99. The HI model throws about 100+ more meters than the other model. What is the difference? Also amazon doesn't seem to have the tn4a hi. Also I am a newb so if this is a dumb question, excuse my ignorance.

Thumper360

Banned
May have just answered my own question. Different leds. The HI is from the led being an XP-L HI. I wonder my amazon doesnt carry the new one?

UnderPar

Enlightened
Probably Thrunite hasn't release this HI model yet in the market. For sure their authorized dealers will have it soon as they release it. I have the TN4A with XP-L V6 emitter and I really like it. But this new model might be worth a wait. Lets wait for its review from some of our reviewers here.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
HI model? I have both CW and NW TN4A's. Both are fantastic. I mean FANTASTIC. My CW is an early batch version though that has an odd tint shifting corona. I have read they have tuned that out. What is the difference? Both lights are actually what I would consider to be neutral in tint. The NW version is quite near halogen like in its tint. The CW version is very neutral for a CW. Also if you are an output junkie the CW at a flamethrowing 1163 lumens on turbo is what you want. In terms of actual brightness both are just as bright to my eyes.

Just checked the TN site. Incoming TN4A HI? Can I get a heck yeah? On my wishlist at 53K CD!!! Still with both existing TN4A's you cannot go wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.