Acebeam        

Thread: Your Favourite Cache

Wink2 Your Favourite Cache

Let's kick this subforum off with an easy one.

Post a link to your all time favourite Geocache. I'd love to see some of the best caches from around the world

Mine's this one:

The Letter

It takes you on an extraordinary tour of the life and (mis)adventures of Ned Kelly - the infamous Australian Bushranger.

I've showed you mine - now you show me yours!

Default Re: Your Favourite Cache

Nice to see a Geocaching thread. I am a Geocacher myself, and own 22 Caches in my area, including 2 Night-Caches that require flashlights.
    Trying to achieve 1.21 Gigalumens. - (Also known as DBSAR)

that's weird, a number of replies from several members just vanished.

I moved them to a new thread about Night Geocaching so as not to sidetrack this one. It's still here in the same subforum.

ah ok cool. will have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    I moved them to a new thread about Night Geocaching so as not to sidetrack this one. It's still here in the same subforum.
    Already flexing his moderator muscle...

Just trying to keep things nice for you, Simon. :P It was a good opportunity to figure out how these buttons work....

Hi all,

I'm a keen geocacher from the UK which drove my first flashlight purchase - a Nova MM15 which can be subtle (whilst walking and being discrete) and ridiculously bright when searching from that elusive green micro in a hedge at night (night starts at about 4.30pm the at the moment).

My favourite cache so far was Hippos Below listed here http://coord.info/GC1C47M
    this was particularly enjoyable as it required a wade through knee-high mud carrying our boats and then paddling about a mile into a disused canal tunnel to find a geocache placed in the wall. To get an idea of what is involved, click the top right link on the cache page labelled "view gallery".

So far I have hidden 115 caches and found nearly 4,000 including a few night caches.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoDave View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a keen geocacher from the UK which drove my first flashlight purchase - a Nova MM15 which can be subtle (whilst walking and being discrete) and ridiculously bright when searching from that elusive green micro in a hedge at night (night starts at about 4.30pm the at the moment).

My favourite cache so far was Hippos Below listed here http://coord.info/GC1C47M
    this was particularly enjoyable as it required a wade through knee-high mud carrying our boats and then paddling about a mile into a disused canal tunnel to find a geocache placed in the wall. To get an idea of what is involved, click the top right link on the cache page labelled "view gallery".

So far I have hidden 115 caches and found nearly 4,000 including a few night caches.
    Looks awesome.

I once had to strip to my jocks and swim across a lake to retrieve a cache to complete a series at a Mega event. The guys that were with me decided photographing the event was a good idea...

Another geocacher here , albeit not a very active one at present. I've found probably 6-8 caches in my area and surrounding states. Dunno why I stopped; that was a couple years ago. I'm still quite interested in it though.

After over 3,500 finds… it's hard to pick a favorite of them all… but I definitely have a top three:
    - Mysterious Treasure (http://coord.info/GC3BQJZ): about 15 miles and as many waypoints, solving puzzles along the way
    - Proffit Mountain Cache (http://coord.info/GCA1A3): about 14 miles of hard hiking with lots of elevation changes in the middle of the woods
    - The Architect: (http://coord.info/GC4CQ9V): Crawling through dozens of storm sewer tunnels, hiking up and down hills, solving lots of puzzles. This one probably used my flashlight more than any.

I don't think I have had the pleasure of finding a Beardo cache....he has to find 'the beginning' first!
    Last edited by bestellen; 06-02-2016 at 05:47 AM.