Has anyone made a double ended flashlight?

peabody

Enlightened
I would really like a light with a UV 365 on one end and a 1000 Lm warm tint light in the other end. Or maybe a lazer on one end and a multi color night vision on the other end.. Just a single tube like 18650 or 26650 wired to power both ends. Is there such a thing?

MrJino

Enlightened
I haven't seen anything like what you describe.

But I wish they made flashlights like those 3 color pens that have their own button for.

I'd pick warm, cool, and red, maybe UV.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Not a thousand lumens, but yes ...

HCnj8D2.jpg

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seen some customs built like you describe. I am not aware of any factory rigs like that. I will try and find a link to the custom one. If I can find it. :)

Borad

Enlightened
I almost asked that a few days ago. I walk down a bicycle path where I've seen bicyclists with no lights, and sometimes it's dark. A white floodlight in front and a red light in back would be perfect. Maybe 20-60 lumens for the front.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would really like a light with a UV 365 on one end and a 1000 Lm warm tint light in the other end. Or maybe a lazer on one end and a multi color night vision on the other end.. Just a single tube like 18650 or 26650 wired to power both ends. Is there such a thing?

I don't think there is much demand in either the mainstream or even customs market for this. FiveMega did do a small batch of double-ended E bodies previously and they took a long time to clear.

365nm UV and 1000Lm out of two ends? Well, this could do it. Try to find the right parts second hand and you can make yourself a double headed double P60 host like this:-

16417347522_9d514faf97_b.jpg

Double-headed E host with x2 E-to-C adapters and x2 Cryos cooling bezels

Good luck with your hunt! :)

peabody

Enlightened
That is awesome jon. Those cooling bezels make that thing look like something from Star Trek. Thanks for the pic.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is awesome jon. Those cooling bezels make that thing look like something from Star Trek. Thanks for the pic.

Thank you! :)

If you can live with a Twisty (two in this case), you can pretty much put any 2x P60s of your liking. Short bursts of triples and quads do fine in the Cryos bezels. Or if you prefer a more streamlined set-up, you could use E sized heads. Low output red on one end, high CRI triple on the other... UV, IR, whatever you like... If you can get it in a P60 drop-in, heat and UI permitting, you can customize it to your heart's content.

It is effectively a 18650+18350 P60 hosed fused together.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can take a fenix tk41 and a tk45 and make a double ended light out of them. Thing is, you can only use one end at a time without having to switch the battery carrier

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with jonwkng,
Get two SF Z41 tailcaps, remove the boots, but leave the guts in. Bond them together, back to back. Alternatively get an adaptor made that's similar to the Z41's (Martin D White on CPF does this sort of thing).
You can now join any two hosts together that use SF tail threads. Surefire, Malkoff, Solarforce come to mind. Use a short P60 host at the back with a Red Solarfoce drop in, and the Lumen Monster of your choice at the front. Switch on and off with tails or heads.
I'd do Malkoff Hound Dog front with Makoff MD1 Body (Martin White again) and MD2 Head at the back. To early to think about drop ins.
P