Question about Olight S-series button

jruser

Newly Enlightened
I just got this Olight S30 titanium and have found that the button doesn't always register. It works a lot of the time, but other times I will click the button and it won't turn on (or off).

Is this normal? I hate to send it back to Going Gear if this is normal behavior for the series. It works a lot of the time but in the few days I have had the light, I have had it not register presses many times.

UnderPar

Enlightened
I don't have the titanium version but I have several Olights with similar switch. All works well in every press I make. Your light seem to have an issue. Better inform GG about it.

chumley

Enlightened
I got the S30 in Sept. The switch started to not work most of the time, it would only work when I used my thumb nail. I called Marshall at Going Gear, he told me that switch problems with the s series wasn't an issue. I sent the light to Olight service, it is being repaired and I should get it back soon. It sounds like your switch is not normal, and needs to be fixed.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a new S30-Ti from the group buy thread it worked for a little bit and it won't come on at all now. First the switch started acting funny then it wouldn't come on at all.
Chris

jruser

Newly Enlightened
Got the replacement. This switch seems to work consistent tly if I press firm. Will miss some softer presses, but this one is at least usable. Tint is still terrible and finish is inconsistent.

Honestly, I don't see how this light can be such poor quality. The bead blasted S1 I just got in is my new favorite light.

Blind

Newly Enlightened
Wow im sorry to hear that... kinda sucks.

I was about to get an S30 recently until I ordered an S20 instead, hope it doesnt have the same problem!