Thrunite TN35 Question

geal

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. I just received a TN35 and have a question regarding the light. I twisted off the tailcap where the switch is located and it came right off with no resistance. Initially I assumed it was supposed to come off until I noticed the electronics in there. Is this section supposed to be loctited? If so and I don't apply adhesive will it affect water proofing? Thanks in advance for your help.

ven

Flashaholic
The inside of the switch does come out of the tail cap yes, just re-fit and maybe just undo body from head(other end) when changing cells.

geal

Newly Enlightened
Any reason to loctite it? Waterproofing? I do notice it has an o ring.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loctite isn't for waterproofing. Its for keeping threads "glued" so they're harder to unscrew. I personally would never loctite my light's threads. The o-ring will do just fine keeping out water, as long as its properly lubed. If the threads/o-rings are dry then get some silicone grease and treat them. That's all there is to it.

geal

Newly Enlightened
Got it. Just thought it was strange that they allow access to the innards of the light. Thought they overlooked loctiting it. Glad to hear there is no reason for me to do so. If it is supposed to be glued any possible warranty issues should something go wrong?

ven

Flashaholic
Another reason not to loctite it would be if the switch needed replacing, so i put a little lube on the O ring ,dab on the threads and secured it tight.