Smallest 1x 18650

Blind

Newly Enlightened
What's the smallest 1x 18650 LED flashlight?

AKA

"What's the smallest 1x 18650 flashlight that YOU would buy?"

Last edited:

holygeez03

Enlightened
I have no idea if it is officially the smallest... but the Zebralight SC62 has to be near the top?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, I don't care to find out. SC62/SC62w gets my vote.

The brand new Olight S2 looks like a good one too.

kmsl. I think were on the same page. I do like my Spy though. :)

EDIT: Op asked what was smallest. Not the smallest we would buy. hehehe

Blind

Newly Enlightened
Maybe "What's the smallest 1x 18650 flashlight that YOU would buy?" would have been a better question....

Yeah.. I really can't find anything better than the Olight S2 for the price point...

when the heck is it coming out???

seems like the sc62 is smaller... but ... eh. :shakehead

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight S2 and Zebralight SC62 series. I haven't tried the S2, but the SC62 I give glowing reviews.

holygeez03

Enlightened
The small size and wide range of modes makes the SC62w worth as much as two lights (EDC and General Purpose)... so divide the cost in half when making your decision.

I do like the deep-carry clip on the S2... the only gripe I have with the SC62w is the clip design.

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alredy got the dqg 18650. Had to mod it alot, because it was crap and flickered a lot. Now it's alright. I use it at work everyday. If something happens to it, I will just throw it away. Warranty from cnqualitygoods is worth nothing. Tried that on a "dead on arrival" dqg aaa. Answered my mail, but they never sent a replacement like they promiced.... Not buying any more dqg's,... ever...

Blind

Newly Enlightened
Would anyone on the internet be willing to recommend the DQG over the Zebralight? :laughing:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not fair to turn this into a DQG flame thread. But, I love their Spy and have zero problems with them. I hear problems on the other lights. So I stay away.

Budget for this project??
Bare in mind, "small" is relative to the beholder of small. Don't believe me, you could have asked Biggie Smalls. What a conundrum!

A "small", but not the worlds smallest, is the cigar shape lights. One of the best values right now is at Banggood. search BLF A6. This light is, IMHO, a freaking killer deal. Don't let the price fool you. It blows away lights 10xs is price.

Check that out and see if the size is too big for you.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the smallest 1x 18650 LED flashlight?

AKA

"What's the smallest 1x 18650 flashlight that YOU would buy?"

DQG 18650 is the smallest. I have the DQG18650 mini clicky. It's around 88mm long with an 18650 installed, compared to 95mm for the Zebralight SC62. It's noticeably smaller. The clicky has some very clever tricks to make it small. For example, the battery compartment has no spring... just a small post at either end. The tailcap screws onto the outside and has extra threads and an extra long o-ring shroud. The tailcap screws all the way up to the battery. The light can accomodate longer cells too... they just make the entire light longer when used.

I modded my DQG18650 clicky into a triple XPL. Output on a 3.8 amp driver is maybe 1200 lumens. I'm thinking of modding my other DQG18650 similarly but with a FET driver. Output should be around 3000+ lumens, but I suspect even with the turbo timer set to start rampdown at 3 seconds its going to get burning hot. The DQG has very little mass for heatsinking.

holygeez03

Enlightened
S20 is a great deal, S2 has some upgrades for a bit more $, and the SC62 has even more features/options for more $. The choice is yours...

If you're going to end up buying several lights for different purposes, budget is a bigger concern... if you're looking for one light to satisfy most needs, the SC62w is tough to beat.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a DQG third series is work with no problems.
For a small 18 650 light. Look at niteyeEC r 26.
It's less than 4 inches long and quite thin. 22 mm body. 950 lumens. Usb rechargeable low battery warning, memory, shortcut to turbo, side switch.
On sale 44bucks.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
DQG Tiny 18650 4th Edition! 87mm w/ an IMR 18650 inside. This little son-of-a-gun is smaller than all of my other single CR123 and 14500 lights!

Danielsan

Enlightened
Smallest is the DQG i would say but not the best for sure. The DQG lights are more or less budget lights. Zebralight is slightly taller but better quality und fnish or the brand new Olight or the brand new Niteye Niteye EC-R26 !