• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired blue convoy S2+ w/ nichia 219c - No Longer Available

vinte77

Enlightened
blue convoy S2+ w/ nichia 219c

For sale:
1) the host is a blue convoy S2+ with both 18350 and 18650 tubes, pocket clip, and a/r lense

2) the LE is a Nichia 219c 80+ CRI 5000K LED on copper noctigon, FET + 7135 driver w/ the BLF A6 firmware, copper beryllium springs on both the driver and switch, and blue GITD sticker in the reflector

I'm looking to get $50 paypalled and shipped. Please PM me if you have any questions.

List Date: 11/10/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: blue convoy S2+ w/ nichia 219c
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------
candlepowerforums

toastystuff

Enlightened
Re: blue convoy S2+ w/ nichia 219c

What's the ui like, how many lumens does this baby put out

vinte77

Enlightened

Here's the summary for the UI:
2 mode groups: To change mode groups, rapidly switch the driver off 15+ times to enter the configuration group. The light will then blink twice, pause, then blink twice again. You want to switch the light off between the first set of blinks, which means that you want to switch the light off after the first blink you see.

• Group 1: Moonlight - Low - Medium1 - Medium2 - High1 - High2 - Turbo
  • Group 2: Low - Medium - High - Turbo

Other options:

• default - memory is not enabled.
    • Memory can be enabled (rapidly turn the light off 15 times in a row) The light will then begin to blink in pairs of two blinks. In the middle of the second pair (the third blink), switch the light off. Memory will then be toggled on or off.
  • A short tap (<0.5s) goes forward to the next mode
  • A medium tap (0.5s--1.5s) goes back to the previous mode
    • If you go back past the "moonlight" mode, you can enter some of the hidden modes:
      • Strobe (10 Hz)
      • Bike Flasher
      • Battery Check / Beacon

The light should be putting out close to 1000 lumens with the right batteries.

Last edited:

vinte77

Enlightened

Sold, pending payment. The 18350 tube is for sale for $5.00 shipped via U.S. envelope mail.

toastystuff

Enlightened

I received the light and wow this thing is bright! It's doesent feel cheap in hand, For a 15$ host I'm impressed. My only quibble is the led is not centered in the reflector but I bought the light for a friend and he will probably beat it up quite a bit so it doesent matter. He's an avionics tech and he wanted something bright floody and with good color rendition and I think this was spot on, thank you sir.

vinte77

Enlightened

Glad you like the light. I couldn't put a centering ring and also have the glow sticker show.

toastystuff

Enlightened

It is what it is. I'm don't know if the light has any thermal protection but I advised my friend not to leave it on turbo unattended. I'm afraid he's a bit ignorant when it comes to "hobby" flashlights. Nevertheless he loves the light and he sends his thanks!

vinte77

Enlightened

You could've asked me for more information about the driver beforehand. Here is information regarding thermal protection for the BLF A6 driver, taken from another post on this forum: "BLF A6 uses a timed step-down of only 45 seconds. The step-down takes you from turbo to the next lower level... In addition to this thermal step-down, the BLF A6 also steps down as its battery voltage wanes. It steps down one level at a time, until the final step down from moonlight turns the flashlight off completely. Low-voltage cutoff occurs at 2.9v."