• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Tana TNT Quad Z2X

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD

Selling one of my all time favorite light modded Surefire here, in new condition - not getting enough use as it should. Less than 20 minute runtime! Mint, super nice light.

I am the first owner of this light.

I fell in love with the gorgeous perfect black HA that it had, and after the mod it's just a beast!
It sports a XPG2 5000K Quad with FET driver and LuciDrvFT firmware optimized for FET... bored body to accomodate 18350 and tailcap with HACS switch made by Tana with perfection (high amperage customized switch) to withstand the current.

Gorgeous blue glow in epoxy. Satin black xeno bezel ring.

Includes one Sony VTC5 18650 2600 mah battery

This is a one of a kind light with perfect tint, pure brightness, amazing throw.. all in small compact package that looks terrific.

First I'll take it gets the light.

Price is

SOLD

$340.00

SOLD

and includes shipping to conus.
International please add $24.00

Please do not hesitate to ask questions about the light Thanks for looking!

Switch

CONTROL

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Tana TNT Quad Z2X

I wanted one of these so bad when he first started these. But I had money committed to another custom. :(

This is one bad to the bone light! Plus no wait! I love all my Tana rigs. So wish I had the money for this one.

Minimoog

Enlightened

Hi, I'll take it. Please pm me your payment details and I'll get on it.

AussieRanga

Enlightened

Awesome score!

You may never be able to get another one of these - the Quad boards are in very short supply, not sure Tana can get any more!!

I will never sell mine!!

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast

Surefire modding at it's best. Awesome torch.

Minimoog

Enlightened

PP all done - really looking forward to getting this light!

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats Minimoog! I recently had a Z2x modded by Tana almost exactly like this and it really is a scorcher. Just be sure to run a hi amp battery to get the most output. I had an old Trustfire 2400mah 18650 that I initially used while waiting for my AW IMR cell to come in, and the output wasn't really that impressive. But with the IMR cell (or any other high current cell like Samsung 25r or Sony VTC5), I nearly blinded myself from a ceiling bounce. I guess I shouldn't have tried it in a dark closet. Haha!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Uh, oh... the amperage will be too much for most protected 18650 cells so only consider IMR 18650 cells and newer hybrids (25R, VTC5, etc)...

As for using ***fire cells of any kind, I'd stay away from those... Better stick to proven AW and if you have a reliable source of latest chemistries (again, 25R, VTC5)... those Chinese ***fire are easily re-wrapped old laptop cells and most of time time with false capacity claims...

Minimoog

Enlightened

Thanks for the input. I have actually just ordered some good batteries to use - don't want any problems or 'incidents'. Does anyone know if this light is light single mode or is the output adjustable from full power?

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

Multimode with a programmable driver. You have many configuration options with this.

Thanks for the input. I have actually just ordered some good batteries to use - don't want any problems or 'incidents'. Does anyone know if this light is light single mode or is the output adjustable from full power?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

PP all done - really looking forward to getting this light!

Glad you bought this before I got the money in my PP account! lol Like I need another light. This is such a awesome rig. I am sure you are going to enjoy the heck out of it.
I love ALL my Tana rigs. This one would be the icing on the cake. Have fun!

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Minimoog, your light has a fully programmable Lucidrv Firmware from Dr Jones!
You can change, add or delete a mode, it has two mode groups, the memory type can be set for each group (no memory, classic memory, short-cycle memory), also a mode can be locked for signaling or tacticool purpose.
To me it is the best firmware there is. Takes a bit of practice to get used to it (google Lucidrv and you'll find Dr Jones website with explanations)

Currently, your light has:
group 1: low med high with memory
group 2: high med low no memory (always starts on high)
It is shipped, on its way to the UK! Have fun

Minimoog

Enlightened

Thanks for the info and link. This is my first Lucidrv setup so need to understand exactly what is what.:thumbsup: