Gear Haulers- you've got the gear, what do you carry it in?

GearHunter

Enlightened
What's your bag of choice. You have a favorite style, favorite brand?

For me the perfect gear hauler is the Goruck GR2. I've literally tried dozens of bags and for me the best all around is this one. I only own one other and it's a GR1. It's a smaller better size for vacations, museums, amusement parks.....
92D6E84B-82A2-4CFF-BFF3-B6D3B0C236CA_zpszsmeridj.jpg

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
A discontinued Victorinox "Swiss Army" backpack. I looked, but they don't offer it anymore. It's outlasted two wives. :)

It's my bug-out bag.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
La police gear bail out bag is my edc bag right now but it's about to get replaced by a maxpedition fatboy gtg. The LA Police bag is a great bag and it's going to become my get home bag set up with gear to get me through an overnight emergency if I'm caught out on the road this winter, have to stay at a hotel unplanned, etc. The fatboy will have my daily used edc items such as tablet, water bottle, chargers, spare lights and batteries, etc. The LA bag started out with the basic items but then I added this and that and next thing I know it's way to big and bulky to be used as my main edc bag with a lot of stuff that I really don't use daily but wanted to have just in case.

markr6

Flashaholic
A discontinued Victorinox "Swiss Army" backpack. I looked, but they don't offer it anymore. It's outlasted two wives. :)

It's my bug-out bag.

Any chance it's bright red, with some black/grey accents? Like a small backpacking pack?

scout24

Flashaholic
Gearhunter- That Goruck (in 40L size) looks sweet. I am sort of looking for a 22" sized pack. Looks rugged as can be!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get home bag is a good idea Tac. I have what I call a Travel Bag. Its a $30 camo bag someone gave me. Its cheap, but works well for my purpose. It goes with me whenever I travel out of town. I have tons of great stuff. Among many items, basic tools, zip ties, tape, air pump, jumper cables, batteries, TP, protein bars, 6 small bottles of water, emergency blankets, large black trash bags, small zip lock bags. It probably weighs 15 to 20lbs.
I learned my water lesson years ago. I got stuck for 6hrs on a Interstate in the middle of summer, 100 degrees, with a low tank of fuel. It was not fun. I also have a 16 oz gator-aid bottle. It houses some of my smaller gear, like a whistle, lighter, ink pen and such. Most importantly, it doubles as my portable bathroom. :)

scout24

Flashaholic
16oz. Gatorade bottle- portable bathroom... This was a revelation when I first learned of it for cold weather camping. No need to freeze at 4am in the snow! :D :thumbsup: Apologies... Back to your regularly scheduled Gear Hauler thread... :eek:

GearHunter

Enlightened
Gearhunter- That Goruck (in 40L size) looks sweet. I am sort of looking for a 22" sized pack. Looks rugged as can be!

It is an absolutely amazing "bombproof" bag! At 40l it's too big for most people to use daily but like you I wanted the 22 inch size. I'm 6"3 so like and can pull off a taller bag. I truly can't recommend it enough. It's the kind of built tough that lets you just toss it where ever instead of looking for a nice clean place to sit it down if you know what I mean.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance it's bright red, with some black/grey accents? Like a small backpacking pack?
It's all black with the red Vic logo on the top center of it. I tried to find a link, but it's NLA. I've got it loaded with about 25 lbs of gear. I'd call it a "regular sized" backpack.

:laughing: will it last a 3rd! ;)
That hinges on me meeting the next Mrs Vampire. :)

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get home bag is a good idea Tac. I have what I call a Travel Bag. Its a $30 camo bag someone gave me. Its cheap, but works well for my purpose. It goes with me whenever I travel out of town. I have tons of great stuff. Among many items, basic tools, zip ties, tape, air pump, jumper cables, batteries, TP, protein bars, 6 small bottles of water, emergency blankets, large black trash bags, small zip lock bags. It probably weighs 15 to 20lbs.
I learned my water lesson years ago. I got stuck for 6hrs on a Interstate in the middle of summer, 100 degrees, with a low tank of fuel. It was not fun. I also have a 16 oz gator-aid bottle. It houses some of my smaller gear, like a whistle, lighter, ink pen and such. Most importantly, it doubles as my portable bathroom. :)

That's exactly what my LA bag will become. The fatboy for around town edc and the get home bag for longer travels.

MrJino

Enlightened
I also like goruck bags. I keep the gear inside kifaru pullouts inside, usually clipped with s biners.

Borad

Enlightened
Snugpak Sleeka Force 35. One large main compartment and other much smaller ones. I like the ability to store one big thing when I need to. Good shoulder and waist straps and it blends.

GearHunter

Enlightened
I also like goruck bags. I keep the gear inside kifaru pullouts inside, usually clipped with s biners.

Nice. That one of the things I like about the 2 is all the built in organization. Why too much for most I'm sure but To each it's own. Your idea of the pull outs has me interested though....my GR1 could use some work.....hmmm

markr6

Flashaholic
Just to clarify, are we talking a man purse here? Bag for flashlights? Or something for weekend travel?

GearHunter

Enlightened
Just to clarify, are we talking a man purse here? Bag for flashlights? Or something for weekend travel?
nit important what you call it, not important when you use it. I was just wondering what everyone carries what ever gear they carry around with them. If you carry enough flashlights that they need to go in a bag....what bag are you using?

That GR2 I posted is kind of my all in one bag. I walk to work so it's loaded with stuff that would normally be in my truck...when I'm not at work but out and about it stays in the truck. It's my work, get home, EDC, what if bag.

markr6

Flashaholic
nit important what you call it, not important when you use it. I was just wondering what everyone carries what ever gear they carry around with them. If you carry enough flashlights that they need to go in a bag....what bag are you using?

That GR2 I posted is kind of my all in one bag. I walk to work so it's loaded with stuff that would normally be in my truck...when I'm not at work but out and about it stays in the truck. It's my work, get home, EDC, what if bag.

OK, because I have everything from 5 backpacks, 2 day packs, car trunk emergency bag, fanny-pack style bags, cases, pouches, etc. I wasn't sure where this was going.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, because I have everything from 5 backpacks, 2 day packs, car trunk emergency bag, fanny-pack style bags, cases, pouches, etc. I wasn't sure where this was going.
OMG! In this thread, we have become "bagaholics." :)