NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #2 FOURSEVENS Bolt Mini - Collaboration with Fellhoelter and Tuff-Writer!

Buttrock #2 FOURSEVENS Bolt Mini - Collaboration with Fellhoelter and Tuff-Writer!

This week's new product announcement (2 of 5) is the Bolt Mini - the next generation collaboration with Fellhoelter and Tuff-Writer! It's the same familiar patent-pending bolt-action mechanism in Fellhoelter's pens and our Bolt-Light BLR2 BUT smaller, more pocketable, and with a common battery!

Powered by a single AAA the Bolt Mini packs a punch with 100 lumens for around 1 hour.

$90 Pre-orders open now. Ships before December 7!
    http://www.foursevens.com/products/B1

Check out our Youtube video introduction the Bolt Mini
    https://youtu.be/JuHjkjozT3w

Similar to our MMR-X, the user interface is configurable with 5 different configurations.
    It ships with the default single mode interface - high output only. The other four configurations are:
    1. High only (default)
    2. High, Low
    3. High, Strobe
    4. Low, Medium, High, Strobe
    5. Low, Medium, High, SOS, Strobe, Beacon High, Beacon Low

Changing configurations is intentionally difficult to prevent accidental activation (I'll explain another time )

Here are the specs:
    High: 100 lumens for 1 hour
    Medium: 20 lumens for 3 hours
    Low: 5 Lumens 20 hours
    Strobe: 2 hours
    SOS: 3 hours
    Beacon high: 7.5 hours
    Beacon low 40 hours
    Beam angle: spot 22 deg; flood 84 deg

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Default Re: #2 FOURSEVENS Bolt Mini - Collaboration with Fellhoelter and Tuff-Writer!

Will they come in other colors? I take it these are aluminum HA?
    Last edited by RedLed; 11-11-2015 at 03:39 AM.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Default Re: #2 FOURSEVENS Bolt Mini - Collaboration with Fellhoelter and Tuff-Writer!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLed View Post
    Will they come in other colors?
    Just black for now. Yes aluminum.
    Last edited by 4sevens; 11-11-2015 at 03:43 AM.

No sneak preview of what you will be announcing next week in this video! How about a teaser photo?

You guy's work late back there!

Enlightened

I like the fact that it seems to be programmable for the end user, brings hope for a quark 2.0 tactical

I am not sure how well the original CR2 Bolt sold. But, my guess is sales didn't blow down the doors due to having such a specialized battery. Of course I may be wrong and feel free to correct my guess. A lot of non flashlight people I have encountered think a CR123 is specialized, and they would think a CR2 is just bizarre.

I venture to say, this one will be a home run! Seeing its size and AAA, and programable, I am actually excited about this one. Great Job, I will definitely own one of these in the future.
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Str8stroke View Post
    I am not sure how well the original CR2 Bolt sold. But, my guess is sales didn't blow down the doors due to having such a specialized battery. Of course I may be wrong and feel free to correct my guess. A lot of non flashlight people I have encountered think a CR123 is specialized, and they would think a CR2 is just bizarre.

I venture to say, this one will be a home run! Seeing its size and AAA, and programable, I am actually excited about this one. Great Job, I will definitely own one of these in the future.
    I see this a lot, then people change their mind when others tell them that a 14500 works (unofficially).

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Swede74 View Post
    No sneak preview of what you will be announcing next week in this video! How about a teaser photo?
    This was what I was looking forward to the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomah View Post
    I like the fact that it seems to be programmable for the end user, brings hope for a Quark 2.0 tactical
    I like that it has a programmable driver. I just wish it had a moonlight. Maybe another mode group, ML,L,M,H. I'm not sure if 5 mode groups is to keep down confusion, or a limitation of the driver?

Will the memory work like your other memory lights (eg, Penlight and Quark Click) - ie, revert back to mode 1 as the next mode in the cycle following whatever mode is currently in memory? For example, if using configuration 4 or 5, if you activate high from memory, will the next mode in the sequence be low?

Looks cute but the modes are all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
    I see this a lot, then people change their mind when others tell them that a 14500 works (unofficially).
    So if it runs on Two AAA's and it looks like it does, I doubt it will be capable of handling Two 14500s. Just a thought.
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

Flashaholic*

So if it runs on Two AAA's and it looks like it does, I doubt it will be capable of handling Two 14500s. Just a thought.
    This one runs on one AAA, the other runs on 2 CR2's, or 1 14500 (unofficially).

I love CR2 batteries glad they came out with a CR2, I carry mi Ti number 177 MiNi Quark every day since they came out and as stated in earlier posts have spares, just today, I thought I lost it again, and then thought I'm glad I'm glad I have that spare.

I want to see more and more CR2 lights.
    Last edited by RedLed; 11-22-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Honorary Aussie

I'm sure you're right but I love my Bolt. I wish they made more colors.

I'm definitely interested in another Bolt type CR2 light.

Ahhh, I backtracked and see it's a AAA light. Well, I like AAA lights too. :-)
    Last edited by magellan; 11-12-2015 at 07:29 PM.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Swede74 View Post
    I need a sneak!

Quote Originally Posted by magellan View Post
    I'm sure you're right but I love my Bolt. I wish they made more colors.
    I'm definitely interested in another Bolt type CR2 light.
    Erm... You do know about Brian's ongoing KickStarter campaign for the TITANIUM Bolt Light, don't you?

No disrespect here at all, but every drug store, supermarket, hardware store, Mega Lo Mart, and the Mart of Wal, across the country carry CR2 batteries!

Wait.....better call Twenty-first Century Fox, Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, or the Fox Tower, Century City, CA, or Mike Judge on Mega Lo mart! They may have been cancelled!

CR2 batteries are very common. So don't ever worry about finding them.

Again no disrespect, but I just see them everywhere.

Hold on, Bruce Willis blew up the Fox Tower in Die hard, something! where the UH1 Huey crashed, so call the Pico Studios. Glad I remembered that!

And...8, I am just teasing you!
    Last edited by RedLed; 11-22-2015 at 11:45 PM.

Unenlightened

I own a CR2 Bolt and I really love it. The bolt mechanism is great.

Flashaholic

Any chance some informed soul could explain the sequence to change modes? For some reason I'm dying to know before I place a (pre) order...

Quote Originally Posted by andrewnewman View Post
    Any chance some informed soul could explain the sequence to change modes? For some reason I'm dying to know before I place a (pre) order...
    Quote Originally Posted by 4sevens View Post
    Similar to our MMR-X, the user interface is configurable with 5 different configurations.
    It ships with the default single mode interface - high output only. The other four configurations are:
    1. High only (default)
    2. High, Low
    3. High, Strobe
    4. Low, Medium, High, Strobe
    5. Low, Medium, High, SOS, Strobe, Beacon High, Beacon Low

Changing configurations is intentionally difficult to prevent accidental activation (I'll explain another time )
    Well, it looks like the UI has changed from the hidden moonlight and disco modes of the BLR2 bigger cousin to a MMR-X style Mode Group UI. I don't believe David has revealed the sequence to change mode groups yet, but the Mode Groups are there as listed.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by jonwkng View Post
    Well, it looks like the UI has changed from the hidden moonlight and disco modes of the BLR2 bigger cousin to a MMR-X style Mode Group UI. I don't believe David has revealed the sequence to change mode groups yet, but the Mode Groups are there as listed.
    Thanks jonwkng. Guess I'll have to wait for David to chime in ...

The Bolt Mini UI is identical to the New Preons. Click ten times in about 2 seconds to get into configuration mode

Enlightened

My Bolt Mini just arrived today and it's been great fun to play with! A quick question about the mode memory: I've noticed that it takes a very long time for the mode to memorize (~10 seconds). Is this normal? It feels a little excessive. Other than that, it's fantastic.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by mau91 View Post
    My Bolt Mini just arrived today and it's been great fun to play with! A quick question about the mode memory: I've noticed that it takes a very long time for the mode to memorize (~10 seconds). Is this normal? It feels a little excessive. Other than that, it's fantastic.
    Interested in this light. Could you post a picture with other AAA's if you have them?

Quote Originally Posted by tommunch View Post
    Interested in this light. Could you post a picture with other AAA's if you have them?
    I would like to see a Mini Bolt-Action AAA in Copper and Titanium.
    Would anyone else be interested?

Quote Originally Posted by RGRAY View Post
    I would like to see a Mini Bolt-Action AAA in Copper and Titanium.
    Would anyone else be interested?

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Oh yeah, Copper, Brass & Titanium please....

Months ago, I Emailed 4sevens requesting a Mini Bolt-Action AAA in copper and they told me there's the Preon.
    I Emailed them yesterday requesting a copper and ti Mini Bolt-Acion AAA.
    I'll let you know what they say.
    Maybe if others Emailed them too it might help?

https://www.4sevens-store.com/contactus.php

Copper, Brass, and Titanium would be excellent alternatives! At the very least put out another color besides black.
    Be a Light In the Universe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast