#2 FOURSEVENS Bolt Mini - Collaboration with Fellhoelter and Tuff-Writer!

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
This week's new product announcement (2 of 5) is the Bolt Mini - the next generation collaboration with Fellhoelter and Tuff-Writer! It's the same familiar patent-pending bolt-action mechanism in Fellhoelter's pens and our Bolt-Light BLR2 BUT smaller, more pocketable, and with a common battery!

Powered by a single AAA the Bolt Mini packs a punch with 100 lumens for around 1 hour.

$90 Pre-orders open now. Ships before December 7!
http://www.foursevens.com/products/B1

Check out our Youtube video introduction the Bolt Mini
https://youtu.be/JuHjkjozT3w

12241020_10153406691472655_4013741137926924732_o.jpg

Similar to our MMR-X, the user interface is configurable with 5 different configurations.
It ships with the default single mode interface - high output only. The other four configurations are:
1. High only (default)
2. High, Low
3. High, Strobe
4. Low, Medium, High, Strobe
5. Low, Medium, High, SOS, Strobe, Beacon High, Beacon Low

Changing configurations is intentionally difficult to prevent accidental activation (I'll explain another time :) )

Here are the specs:
High: 100 lumens for 1 hour
Medium: 20 lumens for 3 hours
Low: 5 Lumens 20 hours
Strobe: 2 hours
SOS: 3 hours
Beacon high: 7.5 hours
Beacon low 40 hours
Beam angle: spot 22 deg; flood 84 deg

12238439_10153406691167655_1046626639162538248_o.jpg

12194937_10153406691462655_7188401355834700540_o.jpg

Swede74

Enlightened
No sneak preview of what you will be announcing next week in this video! How about a teaser photo?

pomah

Newly Enlightened
I like the fact that it seems to be programmable for the end user, brings hope for a quark 2.0 tactical :)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure how well the original CR2 Bolt sold. But, my guess is sales didn't blow down the doors due to having such a specialized battery. Of course I may be wrong and feel free to correct my guess. A lot of non flashlight people I have encountered think a CR123 is specialized, and they would think a CR2 is just bizarre.

I venture to say, this one will be a home run! Seeing its size and AAA, and programable, I am actually excited about this one. Great Job, I will definitely own one of these in the future.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure how well the original CR2 Bolt sold. But, my guess is sales didn't blow down the doors due to having such a specialized battery. Of course I may be wrong and feel free to correct my guess. A lot of non flashlight people I have encountered think a CR123 is specialized, and they would think a CR2 is just bizarre.

I venture to say, this one will be a home run! Seeing its size and AAA, and programable, I am actually excited about this one. Great Job, I will definitely own one of these in the future.
I see this a lot, then people change their mind when others tell them that a 14500 works (unofficially).

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
No sneak preview of what you will be announcing next week in this video! How about a teaser photo?
This was what I was looking forward to the most.
I like the fact that it seems to be programmable for the end user, brings hope for a Quark 2.0 tactical :)
I like that it has a programmable driver. I just wish it had a moonlight. Maybe another mode group, ML,L,M,H. I'm not sure if 5 mode groups is to keep down confusion, or a limitation of the driver?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will the memory work like your other memory lights (eg, Penlight and Quark Click) - ie, revert back to mode 1 as the next mode in the cycle following whatever mode is currently in memory? For example, if using configuration 4 or 5, if you activate high from memory, will the next mode in the sequence be low?

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I love CR2 batteries glad they came out with a CR2, I carry mi Ti number 177 MiNi Quark every day since they came out and as stated in earlier posts have spares, just today, I thought I lost it again, and then thought I'm glad I'm glad I have that spare.

I want to see more and more CR2 lights.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

I'm sure you're right but I love my Bolt. I wish they made more colors.

I'm definitely interested in another Bolt type CR2 light.

Ahhh, I backtracked and see it's a AAA light. Well, I like AAA lights too. :)

Last edited:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure you're right but I love my Bolt. I wish they made more colors.
I'm definitely interested in another Bolt type CR2 light.

Erm... :poke: You do know about Brian's ongoing KickStarter campaign for the TITANIUM Bolt Light, don't you? ;)

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D

No disrespect here at all, but every drug store, supermarket, hardware store, Mega Lo Mart, and the Mart of Wal, across the country carry CR2 batteries!

Wait.....better call Twenty-first Century Fox, Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, or the Fox Tower, Century City, CA, or Mike Judge on Mega Lo mart! They may have been cancelled!

CR2 batteries are very common. So don't ever worry about finding them.

Again no disrespect, but I just see them everywhere.

Hold on, Bruce Willis blew up the Fox Tower in Die hard, something! where the UH1 Huey crashed, so call the Pico Studios. Glad I remembered that!

And...8, I am just teasing you!

Last edited: