Sky Lumen        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #2 FOURSEVENS Bolt Mini - Collaboration with Fellhoelter and Tuff-Writer!

Default Re: #2 FOURSEVENS Bolt Mini - Collaboration with Fellhoelter and Tuff-Writer!

I have the Titanium Large Bolt Light and a Copper one as well.

I think that a copper or titanium mini bolt light in AAA to match their black HA one would be a fantastic alternative. I know a lot of people who would like to get one in something other than the black HA finish.
    A Small CR123 version would also me awesome !

Flashaholic*

Default Re: #2 FOURSEVENS Bolt Mini - Collaboration with Fellhoelter and Tuff-Writer!

Quote Originally Posted by ozspyder View Post
    I have the Titanium Large Bolt Light and a Copper one as well.

I think that a copper or titanium mini bolt light in AAA to match their black HA one would be a fantastic alternative. I know a lot of people who would like to get one in something other than the black HA finish.
    A Small CR123 version would also me awesome !
    I think the only issue is the price for a Chinese made light. I think they would've been a hit at around $150 for the Ti and Cu.

The Bolt offerings are at the end of their run. 50% off while they last. No, the copper Bolt isn't included in the sale.

Clearance Flashlight Bolt-Action Light 50% OFF

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

A&Q Moderator

And now 70% off so I ordered one.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Excellent !
    I'll Try to put an order in for a couple

Cheers !
    Dan

The Bolt Mini is now "Out of Stock". : (
    I was able to grab one and it is now on its way. : )
    Thanks again, Nichia, for the heads-up in another thread. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by lumenati View Post
    The Bolt Mini is now "Out of Stock". : (
    I was able to grab one and it is now on its way. : )
    Thanks again, Nichia, for the heads-up in another thread. ; )
    You are welcome bro

A&Q Moderator

Mini review.

It's like a P1 takes 1XAAA but the size of a P2 and uncomfortable plus awkward to use.

The action came gritty as if the internals were not polished enough for this type of action. Every now and then it wouldn't activate after a completed motion of the bolt. The spring is way too stiff. So I used some lube and worked the bolt. That did help reduce the gritty action but could not correct the very stiff spring. I am not sure what causes the occasional missed activation but that also remained unchanged. Maybe how the bolt is manipulated. My thumb hurts..... LOL! I tried to over come the stiff bolt by attempting to use the light as a twisty. But unlike a Preon there is no twisty action aka the head must be nearly unscrewed. So I am forced to fight with the stiff bolt hurting my finger which ironically was supposed to the tool's trump card.

On the flip side it has a nice floody beam. The LED is centered. Also this encouraged me to buy a P1 and P2 at 50% off during 4/7 cyber Monday sale. Playing with it reminded me how much I like the thin 2xAAA configuration.

A&Q Moderator

Here is the UI bug. Bolt closed light not on. It's not a critical failure as working the bolt again clear the issue plus it's rare. I think it's the result of unintentionally tricking the UI in some way. The lube has taken care of the rough gritty action. Spring is still to stiff though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12