I want to add the best flooder and the best thrower in my collection!

Minamoto Kobayashi

Newly Enlightened
Hello to everyone!
I'm an old user from LPF and an old "only-read" user of this forum, but now I decided to be part of this big family.
Besides a laser builder/collector, I'm also a flashlight maniac.
This is my little flashlight collection:

- Aurora SH-032 Stainless Steel 160 Lumens
- Nitecore TM36 1800 Lumens
- Fire-Foxes FF4 6000 Lumens
- Thrunite TN36 6510 Lumens

I wish to add to my collection the best flooder and the best thrower actually in the
list of the great modder vinhnguyen54.

My eyes drop on this models:

- TN36UTvn - Pop Can King
- TK75vnQ - Best Searchlight
- X60vn 2015 - Lumen & Throw
- SR96vn - 10K Lumen Searchlight
- TM36vnM Limited Edition - The 1M Lux Reflector Thrower

My idea is to use (sometimes) both torches together, so I will have
throw and flood at the same time. :rolleyes:
For this reason I do not need duplicates, so every torch must do a different separate work.
Can any gentle soul help me to found the right choice with the right configuration?

Richard.

ven

Flashaholic
Hi Richard and:welcome: , great list there and the one that sounds ideal for you i dont own...........x60vn has awesome throw and spill which sounds ideal for you. If you want a little better build and not as big then the tk75vnq is hard to beat. Options of run time kit/s if longer.....well run time is required:)

Sure vinh said he loves the sr96vn the most for a search type light, so out of those 3 imo.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
For throw, the Nitecore TM36 Lite and for a flooder, the Nitecore TM16.

I have no idea what vinhnguyen54 can add to the above lights but the stock TM16 makes me smile and I love the beam shots of the TM36 Lite.

The best to you and welcome to CPF. :welcome:

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
If I have read it wrong (quite possible :laughing: ) you want a thrower and a flood type separate ? I thought a best of both worlds type.

That case for throw the tm36vnM for sure as above by mr quack. Flood wise then as mr vampire suggested the tk75vn77 or even the tk75vnq70 which is around 14,000lm of mainly flood(if easier to get as not sure if vinh is taking orders on the tk75vn77).

For a more compact light then the tn36vnUT at 12,000lm of flood would make a good choice. Having already the tn36 I would be tempted for a different light(that's me).

Minamoto Kobayashi

Newly Enlightened
Wooow how much replies, thanks a lot!
Ehm .. TK75VN77 is a little bit pricey for me, so I'm tempted to buy the TK75VNQ or the SR96VN, cant' decide.
About the thrower, I have a brand new, never used Nitecore TM36, so I try to ask to Mr. Vinh if he can mod the torch.
In that way I think to have both a fantastic thrower and a extra bright flooder to use together :grin2:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a very nice list of Vinh's high performance offerings.

Don't forget to take a look at the Vinh Noctigon Meteor M43. This item is a lot more easily toted than the larger items.

Vinh can supply this item in varying combinations/permutations of various emitters, dome on or dedome, factory driver, or Vinh driver. Dedome for more throw, of course. :)

Minamoto Kobayashi

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot for the link ... I'm very interested about this light.
I read that the torch has "only" 2500 lumens. I wish to buy it, but I'm in doubt about the low lumens output. Have You ever tried it?
It can compete against more powerful flood flashlights?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read that the torch has "only" 2500 lumens. I wish to buy it, but I'm in doubt about the low lumens output. Have You ever tried it?

I don't own the Rev Captor but a few other lights made by Saabluster.

Saabluster aka Michael Johnson knows lighting very well. He holds the record of the longest throwing LED handheld light.

Look at the two videos for the Captor in the link. I think they'll answer your questions. Saabluster builds the Deft X and the new Rev Victor Enthusiast lights. The Enthusiast produces 1300 kcd from a single LED.

ven

Flashaholic

Its not just the lumens, its how they are put out there and 2500lm of perfectly designed flood/tint is far more pleasing and effective on the eye than 5000lm of too cool white artifacts. Colour rendition and softer shadows are all part of the package..........Its an infinite control UI light crafted with passion..........

I would love one!!!

Think of the original deft x as a different example, at just over 600lm..........that has 1,000,000cd...........its how its presented to the darkness:D

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Rev Captor and it is an amazing flood light. Wonderful tint and beam profile is incredible. No hot spot and no harsh shadows. (One drawback of mules is the harsh shadows.)

I like floody beam profiles. The Malkoff Wild Cat V5 is great, too. Nice tint and beam profile. But compared to the Rev Captor, it has a hot spot.

I just got the HDS flood reflector for my 219B 170 Rotary and that really spreads the lumens. But "only" 170 lumens on high.

As Ven says, it how it feels in your hands and how the lumens are presented to the darkness. And how you use the light. I don't often need to light up a football field, but I could do it with the Rev Captor.

Last edited:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
You certainly have particular wishes! I guess you don't mind carrying "monster" flashlights around (especially as you want two of them...).

One other idea is to check out Elektrolumens' offerings. Not sure about availability, but he makes one type which carries 9 big LEDs (XM-L2) and claims 9,000 lumens and an impressive 45K lux.

This seems like a great combo for you (maybe you can just carry one flashlight instead of two!).