Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: Show Us Your Stoves

Default Show Us Your Stoves

Ok, it sounds like this could be fun. Let see some pics and info on your outdoor stoves! Extra points if they're actually on the trail and cooking something.

I will get some pics up later when I'm not on my phone. And GO!

Default Re: Show Us Your Stoves

For winter (snow melting), I use my Jetboil SOL with 1.8L sumo cup. Place the canister in a cup of lukewarm water to keep it running as if it were summer! No joke; extremely efficient. Don't believe the hype about a windscreen heating the canister to exploding temps. Almost all heat goes out the top. Any residual heat is only helping the efficiency, but the canister hardly gets any heat from above.

Any other time, I'm using the Fancee Feest alcohol stove. I use Everclear 190 proof liquor as fuel. More expensive, but it burns clean and it's non-toxic (well...you know what I mean)

Last edited by markr6; 11-13-2015 at 11:06 AM.
    GOOD TINT!

Snowpeak Starter Kit. I still use this for my overnighters and weekend trips. It's not the lightest or the most efficient, but it works every time and gets the job done.

A couple of pics of my coffee can woodstove. I loved the simplicity of this and the fact that fuel is readily available. No flame control at all so it's really only good for boiling water.

I also have a Primus Omnilite TI but I don't have any pics of it in action. It is my goto for longer trips, however, because of good flame control, fuel versatility, and cold weather performance. I would love to try out alcohol stoves, though. Just never had the opportunity.
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

I use those cheap emberlit stoves, takes very little space, fairly easy to setup and clean.
    Paired with some ti toaks pot and pans.

Well, badtziscool asked, and I took pics not knowing there would be extra points for cooking! More pics to come... Yes, a Svea 123, with two NIB for backup. They are my favorite white gas stoves, simple as can be. Big, heavy, brass, gotta love it. This is an older one, made in Sweden. Back in the Boy Scout days, the kids loved it. Shown here next to my Coleman 502, given to me by a friend...

Here's my backup and it's backup...

My little backpacking stove, the Optimus Crux. For one man, two days on the trail or so, this thing is perfect. Very small and light, heats up water lightning fast, which is all I really need it to do to re-hydrate meals.

Dang, even in the bush I'm taking pics of my food. Hahaha.

Been using this cheapo stove for about 6-7 years..

Still working but I'm thinking to get another one.

Smokeeater908 alcohol stove with adjustable flame. I prefer alcohol stoves because the fuel is easily accessible and I don't end up with left over cans from used gas
    I'm Ryan.

Kuan- I've not seen one of those before. Lack of adjustable flame was one of the things that kept me away from alcohol stoves. How do you like it?

NBP- Does the Crux rely fit in the space under a fuel canister?

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Kuan- I've not seen one of those before. Lack of adjustable flame was one of the things that kept me away from alcohol stoves. How do you like it?

NBP- Does the Crux rely fit in the space under a fuel canister?
    Sure does! It goes in that little pouch in the background which has an elastic band and fits around the bottom of the fuel can. Then I slide that bundle inside the bigger pot, put in a lighter or whatever else, put the lid on, and put that all in the mesh bag it came in. Very compact.

I wish I took pictures! I had made a double-wall style pop can stove out of a can of Mountain Dew Baja Blast. Went for a short hike with my sister today and used it to make hot chocolate. I was impressed how fast it brought 16 oz of water to a boil without a windscreen!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadowGuy View Post
    I wish I took pictures! I had made a double-wall style pop can stove out of a can of Mountain Dew Baja Blast. Went for a short hike with my sister today and used it to make hot chocolate. I was impressed how fast it brought 16 oz of water to a boil without a windscreen!
    It's fun to make stuff out of things you'd otherwise throw away. One last service.

I threw some wood in my emberlit, not cooking anything since I'm waiting on some game hen in the oven, just burning wood for some nice smell in the air. Not worth pictures really.

I like the stove a lot. The adjustable flame has a surprisingly big range of adjustment. The downside to the stove is you have to always keep an eye on it. When the fuel reservoir is full it tends to flood the stove. When I use it I have to open and close the fuel bottle as needed
    I'm Ryan.

KuanR- Thanks for the description of operation.

I also have a Biolite stove, but since relocating to Macau I have never had a chance to use it again. I liked it a lot when I was in Vancouver because I could get fuel for it ANYWHERE!

I have been eyeing the SVEA 123 for a while too....but I don't have use for it right now and shipping to Macau is ridiculous
    I'm Ryan.

Ugh...Talking about stoves now I regret giving away this Optimus 111T when I moved to Macau because I just didn't have the room to keep it. I was also running down to the wire and didn't have time to sell it on...

Here's a link to when I got it off of CPFMP
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...lti-fuel-stove
    I'm Ryan.

My Emberlit ti wood stove. Great when you are not in a hurry.

Nice picture! Looks like you have some posting to do in the hammock thread, too...

The Lodge I just got so have not had the opportunity to use as of yet:

Daz it!
    LUX'Ottica

Man, for a bush dinner that looks pretty good! Whatcha cooking?

My trusty Coleman stove when car camping.

From my last tour through the woods in our neck...... my best friends stove though. That thing (bushbox xl) folds flat and takes no space in your pack.

Move Through The Light .... With Caution
    My Collection.......... just click on me if interested

Quote Originally Posted by pavlov View Post
    My trusty Coleman stove when car camping.

Good stuff! My dad and I have been screwing around with three different white gas versions for years. Once we switched to a new propane one like this...wow. So much quicker and easier. An aluminum griddle fits perfect; I forget the size but I'm guessing 10x16
    GOOD TINT!

Here're mines: