Show Us Your Stoves

nbp

Flashaholic
Ok, it sounds like this could be fun. Let see some pics and info on your outdoor stoves! Extra points if they're actually on the trail and cooking something. [emoji478]

I will get some pics up later when I'm not on my phone. And GO!

markr6

Flashaholic
For winter (snow melting), I use my Jetboil SOL with 1.8L sumo cup. Place the canister in a cup of lukewarm water to keep it running as if it were summer! No joke; extremely efficient. Don't believe the hype about a windscreen heating the canister to exploding temps. Almost all heat goes out the top. Any residual heat is only helping the efficiency, but the canister hardly gets any heat from above.

sumo.jpg

Any other time, I'm using the Fancee Feest alcohol stove. I use Everclear 190 proof liquor as fuel. More expensive, but it burns clean and it's non-toxic (well...you know what I mean)

fancee_feest.jpg

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snowpeak Starter Kit. I still use this for my overnighters and weekend trips. It's not the lightest or the most efficient, but it works every time and gets the job done.

mysnowpeak_zpsupcqvsb4.jpg

A couple of pics of my coffee can woodstove. I loved the simplicity of this and the fact that fuel is readily available. No flame control at all so it's really only good for boiling water.

myhobostove1_zpsqrokmdcl.jpg

myhobostove2_zpsft8mlrov.jpg

I also have a Primus Omnilite TI but I don't have any pics of it in action. It is my goto for longer trips, however, because of good flame control, fuel versatility, and cold weather performance. I would love to try out alcohol stoves, though. Just never had the opportunity.

MrJino

Enlightened
I use those cheap emberlit stoves, takes very little space, fairly easy to setup and clean.
Paired with some ti toaks pot and pans.

scout24

Flashaholic
Well, badtziscool asked, and I took pics not knowing there would be extra points for cooking! More pics to come... Yes, a Svea 123, with two NIB for backup. They are my favorite white gas stoves, simple as can be. Big, heavy, brass, gotta love it. This is an older one, made in Sweden. Back in the Boy Scout days, the kids loved it. Shown here next to my Coleman 502, given to me by a friend...

IMG_0336.jpg

Here's my backup and it's backup...

IMG_0334.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
My little backpacking stove, the Optimus Crux. For one man, two days on the trail or so, this thing is perfect. Very small and light, heats up water lightning fast, which is all I really need it to do to re-hydrate meals.

Dang, even in the bush I'm taking pics of my food. Hahaha.

CIMG0176_zpsuj6htnnu.jpg

CIMG0178_zps9ph9qq1k.jpg

IMG_0743_zpsgu64dj17.jpg

sandalian

Enlightened
Been using this cheapo stove for about 6-7 years..

fckuuh.jpg

Still working but I'm thinking to get another one.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
0cd80b2fb17ceb14e2633c6f7fae3802.jpg

Smokeeater908 alcohol stove with adjustable flame. I prefer alcohol stoves because the fuel is easily accessible and I don't end up with left over cans from used gas

scout24

Flashaholic
Kuan- I've not seen one of those before. Lack of adjustable flame was one of the things that kept me away from alcohol stoves. How do you like it?

NBP- Does the Crux rely fit in the space under a fuel canister?

nbp

Flashaholic
Kuan- I've not seen one of those before. Lack of adjustable flame was one of the things that kept me away from alcohol stoves. How do you like it?

NBP- Does the Crux rely fit in the space under a fuel canister?

Sure does! It goes in that little pouch in the background which has an elastic band and fits around the bottom of the fuel can. Then I slide that bundle inside the bigger pot, put in a lighter or whatever else, put the lid on, and put that all in the mesh bag it came in. Very compact.

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
I wish I took pictures! I had made a double-wall style pop can stove out of a can of Mountain Dew Baja Blast. Went for a short hike with my sister today and used it to make hot chocolate. I was impressed how fast it brought 16 oz of water to a boil without a windscreen! :)

MrJino

Enlightened
I wish I took pictures! I had made a double-wall style pop can stove out of a can of Mountain Dew Baja Blast. Went for a short hike with my sister today and used it to make hot chocolate. I was impressed how fast it brought 16 oz of water to a boil without a windscreen! :)

It's fun to make stuff out of things you'd otherwise throw away. One last service.

I threw some wood in my emberlit, not cooking anything since I'm waiting on some game hen in the oven, just burning wood for some nice smell in the air. Not worth pictures really.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the stove a lot. The adjustable flame has a surprisingly big range of adjustment. The downside to the stove is you have to always keep an eye on it. When the fuel reservoir is full it tends to flood the stove. When I use it I have to open and close the fuel bottle as needed

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a Biolite stove, but since relocating to Macau I have never had a chance to use it again. I liked it a lot when I was in Vancouver because I could get fuel for it ANYWHERE!

I have been eyeing the SVEA 123 for a while too....but I don't have use for it right now and shipping to Macau is ridiculous

CLHC

Flashaholic
The Lodge I just got so have not had the opportunity to use as of yet:

y4F7Gnpm.jpg

Daz it!