A Spotlight Search. Help!

RoccoOnFire

Newly Enlightened
I have a friend that is in search of a quality spotlight.
Maybe you all can give better direction than I.

Here are his parameters:
- It needs to come in under the $200 mark
- It can not have overly complex driver functions.
- It needs 500+ yards of throw adequate enough to identify wildlife.
- He would prefer a form of the " flashlight gun" type spotlight that the X-million candlepower lights used to come in.
- He wants an LED light, not an incan.
- The ability for internal charge by means of a cigarette lighter car adapter is preferred.

You are welcome to suggest spotlights in the torch form factor as well. I have already fielded the suggestion of the M3X-UT and pointed him to the V54 light list. All input is welcome.

Thanks!

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might I suggest the Streamlight Waypoint. It comes in both rechargeable and primary cell/power cord versions. I mention the primary cell version because one could use 26650 NiMH cells and take a spare set or two along for guaranteed light as long as one needed it.

snakyjake

Enlightened
I've been looking at the offerings from Olight (SR series) and Eagletac (MX series).
REV Captor also has my attention.

Short_Circuit

Newly Enlightened
I think this would serve the purpose and meet all the requirements but cost nowhere near $200. Li-ion rechargeable via AC or DC. 10W ultra-bright LED- Up to 7 hours of runtime- Up to 920 lumens- Constant light output- Pivoting/collapsible stand for hands-free use- Lithium-ion battery stays charged for up to 12 months- Charge 2 ways using vehicle or home charger. I have one of these in my truck and it has a heckuva spot on it. Would be great for the use you stated.

A0ZX_1_2014112289655812.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._Et6Qym2mfBNdsTJn4dlghoCFRDw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also available at Walmart.

looman

Enlightened
The Olight or similar may be better. When someone says to me they want a gun light, to me it means it needs to be capable of being mounted onto the weapon!!!!!
It sounds like the OP's mate is a solo hunter so the ability to hold or mount is good.

The lantern type above is OK to seek but then you have to switch to the rifle and try and hold the beam on target....that isn't a fun task.

A good aspheric might also work - I use a T50 with a boosted pill but I don't need 500 yards and I certainly wouldn't shoot that distance however, as a finder and backstop checker you can never have too much light and throw