A first for Led Lenser

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a right shock yesterday Led Lenser were running an advert on UK Tv.Good timing for the xmas market.

ven

Flashaholic
Nice!!!

You guys have cool comercials over there.

We're stuck stupid ads and when gas hits $4/ gallon more horsepower truck ads...or animals selling car insurance.

I will put up with (more) stupid adds if our petrol was $4/gal :laughing:

Is the add the one with the lighthouse? Found that one on youtube......

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kinda relevant: around about '99 - '03, Mag used to do whole-page print adverts in certain "relevant" UK Magazines, during the run-up to Xmas. (Gadget + Boyz-Toys magazines, plus the Sunday Times and Observer w/end colour supplements).

Really surprised me to see them.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will put up with (more) stupid adds if our petrol was $4/gal :laughing:

Is the add the one with the lighthouse? Found that one on youtube......
Mark, where I'm located, regular petrol is $1.80 a gallon. Diesel is running $2.25.

I guess $4.00 per gallon is the penalty you have to pay to drive on the wrong side of the road.:poke:

Our politicians are trying to claim credit for the price being down, but when there is a world glut of oil and the major producers have nothing but oil, pump baby pump!

Senator

Newly Enlightened
Mark, where I'm located, regular petrol is $1.80 a gallon. Diesel is running $2.25.

I guess $4.00 per gallon is the penalty you have to pay to drive on the wrong side of the road.:poke:

Our politicians are trying to claim credit for the price being down, but when there is a world glut of oil and the major producers have nothing but oil, pump baby pump!

Actually, I think ven would be ecstatic if he could get it for $4/gal! It looks like it is upwards of $6/gal for them now, but he would know better.

As for you Virginia folks, you've got it good...that last VA gas station before crossing into MD is always a required stop.

Sen

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
a lot of people poo poo LED Lenser but when it comes down to it their variable focus is first rate and are sold lights. The Coasts equivalents are just as good...

ven

Flashaholic
I agree, for me they have been very dependable over the years and their customer service in the UK is as good as it can get! My old T7 is still going now after i gifted it a while back. Its battered now, most of the ano chipped or worn off from heavy use/drops.

Jaegerbomb

Newly Enlightened
a lot of people poo poo LED Lenser but when it comes down to it their variable focus is first rate and are sold lights. The Coasts equivalents are just as good...

I don't know if it really people poo poo'ing them... more people poo poo the price than anything else ... or at least that is my opinion... they have solid builds, good functionality, decent enough specs (some hit and miss too though ha)... but the price is very high I find compared to competitors.... I think their "Availability" and "Branding" makes them feel they can get away with hiked up prices...

PS. What I mean by availability there is that over here (Ireland)... if I want to get a decent light 'in-store' then I am more likely to find a LED Lenser than any other brand.. as the big stores stock them over other brands for whatever reason

Big_Sam

Newly Enlightened
LED Lenser have better marketing department in Europe than say Olight or Fenix, that's why they are quite readily available.

I suppose also because they have managed to get into the police supply chain that makes them popular as well.

I like my lenser T7.2, when using eneloops I get very constant output for about 1h on high, a flatter line than some of my regulated lights thanks to the eneloop discharge curve.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it really people poo poo'ing them... more people poo poo the price than anything else ... or at least that is my opinion... they have solid builds, good functionality, decent enough specs (some hit and miss too though ha)... but the price is very high I find compared to competitors.... I think their "Availability" and "Branding" makes them feel they can get away with hiked up prices...

PS. What I mean by availability there is that over here (Ireland)... if I want to get a decent light 'in-store' then I am more likely to find a LED Lenser than any other brand.. as the big stores stock them over other brands for whatever reason

They stock them as they are one of the biggest brands in the world retail wise and have very slick marketing skills.Price wise if you think they are to expensive you buy something else but if you street wise plenty on discount on the mainland here.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool ill look out for that, so then what would a led lenser gas ahem I mean petrol station look like ??
;)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED Lenser is huge in Europe. The prices for them here are through the roof. Thankfully Coast makes solid cheap versions of most of LEDs lights. They are available everywhere

Prepped

Enlightened
That was one thing I noticed when I moved to the States from the UK.... the adverts over here are crap, haha.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
LED Lenser is huge in Europe. The prices for them here are through the roof. Thankfully Coast makes solid cheap versions of most of LEDs lights. They are available everywhere

Over here the Coast used to be "coast led lensers" but at some point coast went it's own way.

I have a couple of coast led lensers and those suckers feel like they're made outta lead.

Trouble is over here is if you buy led lensers online there's a good chance it's a knock off disguised as the real thing.

I have a P7 obvious knock off, a good knock off and a real thing. Had to go through Australia to get a real one. They are all similar in performance, but the real deal uses more brass, where the (now pretty accurate) knock offs use alluminum for contact points in places LL used brass.

Last edited: