* R.I.P Forum member John Henry (Sparky's Magic) *

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

I'm James Rand. Forgive me if I have posted this thread in the wrong section.

I have been a Candlepowerforums.com member since 2008 but haven't been too active in recent years. Another local forum member and extreme flashlight enthusiest, John Henry had become a great personal friend through our shared love of all things bright and shiny. A month ago, I visited John at home to talk torches and was informed of John's sudden onset illness.:sick: Within 3 weeks, we had lost a great man to cancer.:sigh:

john%20henry_zpshoioezqs.jpg

The last time I spoke with John, he asked if I would sell off his extensive torch collection to raise some much needed funds for his wife Brenda. I will post a link to a sales thread when I have the relevant information compiled. Around 40 minty lights and various accessories will be up for grabs. He had a particular interest in Malkoff torches, drop ins and Surefire legos. I know John would have preferred his much loved torches go to enthusiasts that will fully appreciate them.

Thanks for letting me express my loss.

R.I.P John Henry - Sparky's Magic

James

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
It's always sad to hear of a member passing away. Our thoughts are with the family and friends of John. :candle: Cancer is a cruel enemy to us all. :sad:

sgt253

Enlightened
The world is a little dimmer, a sincere pun intended, when we lose an enthusiast such as John. My heartfelt condolences to his Family and Friends here and in OZ. I have had the pleasure of reading some of his posts.

Prepped

Enlightened
What a shame. Please keep us posted on his lights. It'd be an honor to know it's helping the family out.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope he had something I need so I can help out a little. It was nice of you to offer to help liquidate his collection for his wife. I hope she gets the funds she needs. RIP Sparky's Magic.

archimedes

Flashaholic
So sorry to hear of this :candle:

I would add that I've purchased from @jimmy1970 , a few years ago, and was very pleased with my transaction.

Kind of you to do this for your friend. Best of luck with that sale.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Mr. Henry, may God be with your soul as you go into His Light. My condolences to all family and friends including those here at CPF.