Surefire titan vs titan plus keychain lights

american

Enlightened
Which one is the better deal? Which is newer? Does one have a better tint? I hate cool blue neutral and warm are great.

nbp

Flashaholic
They came out within a couple months of each other, more or less simultaneously. Titan is aluminum, has 2 output levels, comes with a lugged body and split ring. Titan Plus is nickel coated brass, has 3 levels with max being 300 lms, comes with a lugged body but also a quick disconnect for keys and a pocket clip. Both come with an Eneloop Pro or 'Surealoop' as I have affectionately named them. They are generally regarded as cool in tint although some have reported a creamy white and a few units have been a touch on the green side it sounds like.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I'm not a fan of keychain lights (I'd rather have those keys with the lights in the head that actually point light at where you're aiming the key!), I'd still go with the surefire tube in this case.

I WISH one of the new Titans had a flat tail cap, under that removable keychain attach cap. Then I'd be all over it for a pocket free floater, not on a key ring.

edit oops just realized you were talking about both metal ones, not the new plastic one.

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Titan. I keep it clipped to a ring in a pocket of my backpack. The tint is fine and the beam profile is very nice. Floody and useful. The modes are well spaced, but some people might like a lower low. The Titan Plus was not available when I was in the States. Lots of output with reduced runtime as a result. I have other, bigger lights if I need more output. So it depends on your needs or wants.