In Stock "YES" .... not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catdaddy

Enlightened
In Stock \"YES\" .... not

So why does the web site say the Arc4 Premium is in stock wehn it is not? I have been waiting for a few days for the FedEx tracking number. Finally, I check on the status only to find out that they are "still in production".

This is very frustrating.
John

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: In Stock

It says preorders are being accepted. The in-stock label means you can get a place on the preorder list immediately. If it were out of stock, you'd have to wait before you could place a preorder.

Catdaddy

Enlightened

So you think it is correct to say thay are IN STOCK even though they are not? Would it not be more accurate to take preorders and say "NO" to the "in Stock" question.

srue

Newly Enlightened

Arc is working within the limits of the Yahoo shopping engine. They must list the Arc4+ as "In Stock" to be able to take orders, including pre-orders. There is no deception involved. Peter has made it perfectly clear that these are pre-orders, and we are fortunate that he is shipping them out as quickly as he is.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

i believe what srue said is accurate...no need to get upset or impatient. we'll all get our arc4s sooner or later; i've been waiting for mine to be shipped for nine days and counting. in addition, this is mentioned at the bottom of the arc4+ page:

[ QUOTE ]

"Please note that because this is a new product, we are only taking pre-orders for now. The Arc4 will be ready to ship by the end of this month."

[/ QUOTE ]

absence makes the heart grow fonder, and waiting makes the anticipation sweeter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ditto

lets not need to be all hushy and fussy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Radagast

Enlightened

It looks like the pre-order time is over and orders for the arc4 are not being accepted.

Catdaddy

Enlightened

You guys are right about the web site limitations. Merri answered that for me today.

I was not implying that anyone intentionally "decieved" me. It was more of a suggestion out of frustration. I did see the "preorder" statement but figured they simply had not updated that part, but that the flashlights were now "in stock".

Thanks everyone,
John

Marked

Enlightened

When you assume, you make an *** out of u and me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Elmie

Enlightened
Re: In Stock \"YES\" .... not

Is it me, or does this guy not understand what "pre-order" means?

I feel sorry for Peter and the rest of his team sometimes. He makes a highly anticipated product, that I might add was just released not even two weeks ago.

Give Arc sometime. On their website it even says that the Arc4+ is to be shipped out at the end of the month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Catdaddy

Enlightened

Elmie,
You probably should let this one die. The term "pre-order" is obviously being used loosly to denote selling more than they have made, rather than (pre)before they are made. The flashlight has indeed already been shipping, but is now "out of stock".

The reason for Arc doing this is clear, and his been explained in this thread. The reason for you questioning "this guy" is not.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
The term "pre-order" is obviously being used loosly to denote selling more than they have made, rather than (pre)before they are made.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i'm not mistaken at the time the pre-order was started, peter had yet to make any of the lights but were getting ready to do so. arc is now busy filling the pre-orders /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts