Looking for a small edc light aa or cr123

american

Enlightened
What's out there? I have a sc52 zebra light I love and the 18650 version. I have lots of keychain lights. I had a d25a clicks eagletac last year I kinda miss.

mildlyangryjohnny

Newly Enlightened
My edc for the past 5 years was. Luminpower trust 1 run off a 14500 at about 4"×7/8" max i think was 350 lumen(?) I just got a nitecore ea11 run off a 14500 at about 3.5"x3/4"-1" max 900 lumen. I also picked up 2 nitecore mh20's which is certainly an edc but considerably more heft than the ea11 but is an 18650 4" light. I wear the mh20 on my belt and the ea11 dissappears in my pocket with a clip. The other mh20's on the night stand. Very nice lights so far. Quite remarkable really so tiny but with big light.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
For AA format, I'd suggest the Nitecore EA11. For cr123 format, the Olight S1 Baton. Both are one of the smallest, if not thensmallest, in both battery formats. Both are legit pocket rockets too.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Forgot to mention the CR123 version of the EA11, the EC11. Same output as the EA11.

1DaveN

Enlightened
I looked at the Olight S1 Baton for a long time, but ended up deciding that I wanted something a little larger. I got a Fenix PD25 and I've been more than happy with it - it's very much like a mini-PD35, which is my all-time favorite light. I'm not sure why, but I wanted a 1xCR1213A to replace a 1xAA that never really satisfied me for everyday use (although it's great in the car with an L91).

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the EA11. I use a 14500 cell in it and it runs great.

I used to EDC a Streamlight Protac EMS. It takes on AA cell, always starts on low, and has modes of 3.7/10/50 lumen. Was a really nice light till it ran away from home.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight sc5w(AA),sc32w(CR123),Olight S1(CR123),Fousevens ML(CR123) and MLR2(CR2). I have the Zebras and Foursevens, the S1 is in route.The sc5 is my work EDC and the sc32,ML and MLR2 are the main lights in my EDC rotation outside of work.Aside from the sc5 that resides in a sheath the other lights are all really small especially the MLR2 but it doesn't fit your criteria being a CR2 light. Unfortunately only the Zebras have neutral tint as a standard option the Foursevens and Olight are limited to special runs to get neutral or warm.There really are a lot of options in the single AA or CR123 market depending on your wants and needs.

wle

Newly Enlightened
everyone forgets XTAR WK42 -
great 16340/CR123 light, tiny, pushbutton, 3 bright levels, strobes hidden mostly
on ebay for like $18 free shipping from the xtarstore
it is my EDC
VERY small

iu

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
For general utility and runtime, rear click, up/down buttons, the Nitecore MT10A is good. I use it with AA but it can operate on 14500 for 920 lumens.

If you want something smaller / cheaper I'm a huge fan of the Nitecore MT1A... slap a rechargeable AA or Energizer Lithium AA and you have a fantastic light with more throw than you'd think from such a tiny light. I can easily illuminate 70 yards with it.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC my SWM V11R and ET D25C Ti. clicky both using the red AW IMR 16340s.

I have the extender tube for the V11R, but frankly, that adds length to the light almost making iit s as long as some of the smaller 18650 lights and so that AA adapter sits.

I like the new Olight S1 Baton and almost did a pre-order on the copper (CU) version last night from GoingGear, but it's fatter in the head than my ET D25C and seemingly not as flexible.

I like the standard black one, with blue bezel ring, but hate the pocket clip's orientation. I guess I just like 'head down' carry?

Chris

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have the extender tube for the V11R, but frankly, that adds length to the light almost making is as long as some of the smaller 18650 lights and so that AA adapter sits.

I like the new Olight S1 Baton and almost did a pre-order on the copper (CU) version last night from GoingGear, but it's fatter in the head than my ET D25C and seemingly not as flexible.

I like the standard black one, with blue bezel ring, but hate the pocket clip's orientation. I guess I just like 'head down' carry?

Chris
Those are 2 great ones. Hard call! I lean more s1. You can flip the clip in it. I like head down if I use a clip as well.

flashtastic

Newly Enlightened
I can confirm the s1 clip is reversible or even removable. I bought one for
my sister-in-law for security. She works in a large city in Europe and gets home late sometimes. It is small, but grip-able for someone with medium to small hands and is pleasantly bright for its size.

teotwawki

Newly Enlightened

I have the extender tube for the V11R, but frankly, that adds length to the light almost making iit s as long as some of the smaller 18650 lights and so that AA adapter sits.

Chris

How are both of these working on 16340s? I've got a black d25c and I just ordered a v11r and wondering if I should look into this.

ven

Flashaholic
How are both of these working on 16340s? I've got a black d25c and I just ordered a v11r and wondering if I should look into this.

A 16340 is the same size as a cr123, except 3.7v(4.2v fully charged) and compatible with the D25c and v11r lights. That is all i have used as well...............