Armytek Warranty

Legend_8

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I just had an experience with Armytek Canada for a warranty claim and like to share some thoughts.

I made a claim about their now discontinued Predator-X v2.5. I had taken some ill advise here on the forums awhile back and put some permatex dielectric grease on the threads of the light. It turns out that after a few months this stuff will harden up and cause excessive wear. Maybe not too much on most lights but I was programming the light often, or atleast checking the battery voltage which requires more rotation of the head than on most lights.

Even though I had told Armytek this exact story they still honored the warranty and sent me another light for only $15 cdn in order to cover the shipping charges. I was a bit let down by the fact that they could only send me the newer v3 model. Even though the fully programmable v2.5 probably had more options than I'd ever use I just liked having them available. If any consolation I was permitted to choose the warm tint version for the replacement unit.

The light arrived a few days ago(after 3 1/2 weeks) and I have to say that even though the programming isn't present the overall design of the v3 is physically much better. Far less play in the locking of the now square cut threads than the v2.5 ever had. Much more streamlined head for sliding in and out of the pocket or holster. And the button is much firmer and not 'mushy' like the v2 which I had attributed to flickering of the light upon activation at times.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

m4a1usr

Enlightened
And thank you for sharing with us. It does the whole industry good to hear stories like this. A company's commitment to customer satisfaction rates only slightly below the design quality of the product when buying their product. But that changes when problems arise with the product no matter the reason. Customer support is critical to any company.