HDS Systems        
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #3 FOURSEVENS - New Preons P1 and P2!

Post Re: #3 FOURSEVENS - New Preons P1 and P2!

You can put it that way if you want. It was a bit disappointing to me that the newest and best Foursevens 1xAAA can't be used in keychain. The attachment point in the old Preon P1 is not good either and I had hoped that the new one had a solid place for a split ring at the end of the body. Not a thin tin add-on on the side, like in the previous model.
    In God we trust, all others bring data.

Default Re: #3 FOURSEVENS - New Preons P1 and P2!

Esko,

Perhaps an Atom AO Titanium would be just the ticket for your need.

Merry Christmas,

~ Chance

The Preon 1 is just too big for carrying with my keys.

Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 12-23-2015 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Added the picture.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Post Re: #3 FOURSEVENS - New Preons P1 and P2!

I do have one ss A0 and three titanium ones (CPF Nichia editions). Actually four ti Atoms but one will be gifted this Christmas. One is attached to car keys.

It is a nice light with advantages but with some disadvantages, too. For keychain, I was hoping for something else.

Merry Christmas.
    In God we trust, all others bring data.

Flashaholic

It may not be practical to do, but I imagine it would be possible to put a hole in the stainless steel pocket clip that is very well secured, in order to attach it to a lanyard or keychain.
    I'd love to shed some light on that for you

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Let me guess...'87?

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    Let me guess...'87?
    Love the 80's Cadillacs. My dad had a Fleetwood and a Coupe Deville
    Last edited by RUSH FAN; 12-25-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLfrk View Post
    It may not be practical to do, but I imagine it would be possible to put a hole in the stainless steel pocket clip that is very well secured, in order to attach it to a lanyard or keychain.
    aaa light on a lanyard? wow. never heard of such idea before.
    yes pocket clip could have 2 holes for wrist strap attachment but that's more common with aa lights like sc52 or manker t01

Flashaholic

You're right, that would be a little awkward. The main idea was for a split ring through the hole in the clip, but I figured that also might be strange on a keychain, and someone might rather attach it another way.
    I'd love to shed some light on that for you

I sure wish a reversible clip on the Preon 1 was an option.

I often clip my Streamlight Microstream on my hat brim, rather than carrying a separate headlamp.

I wonder if the Microstream reversible clip will fit the Preon 1?

Other than not having a reversible clip for hat usage, I really like the looks and function of this light.

I'll likely still buy one, even without the reversible clip.

Great improvements. I've been using the original Preon 2 in my shirt pocket since they first came out, but never bought the Preon 1, because of the twisty operation.

I also would be interested in a neutral white option, but I realize that drops the maximum lumen output.

Near the end of the clip, are those brass P2 and stainless P1/P2, or are those titanium P1/P2?

Good luck everyone at Show Show 2016!!

Flashaholic*

They say titanium and copper, but it looks like brass to me. I wonder if it has the same coating as the Olight S1?

David -
    Were you guys showing off a titanium version of your new Preons at the show?
    Last edited by RUSH FAN; 01-21-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Does anyone know if the old Preon flat tail caps will work on the new Preons to turn them into twistys?

Gurdy-

Short answer is no. I have owned both, and the new Preon has a slightly larger diameter at the tail end than the older Preon.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurdygurds View Post
    Does anyone know if the old Preon flat tail caps will work on the new Preons to turn them into twistys?

This hurts my heart. Foursevens........listen to me......you must make a flat tail cap for the new Preon. Do it. It will be fun.

Any estimated release dates for the Ti P1?

This hurts my heart. Foursevens........listen to me......you must make a flat tail cap for the new Preon. Do it. It will be fun.
    ^ This made me smile, ....... then laugh out loud. Not what you've asked for, but how you asked. Wonderful writing.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Ha! Don't you think it would be cool with a flat tail cap Chance?? I have fallen deeply in love with my toxic green Preon P1 classic. They look so sweet with the flat tail cap and especially sweet with the dark sucks ti clip. This is the one light I have that I have a 2nd copy of because I would flip out if I lost it.
    ^ This made me smile, ....... then laugh out loud. Not what you've asked for, but how you asked. Wonderful writing.

~ Chance

Ha! Don't you think it would be cool with a flat tail cap Chance?? I have fallen deeply in love with my toxic green Preon P1 classic. They look so sweet with the flat tail cap and especially sweet with the dark sucks ti clip. This is the one light I have that I have a 2nd copy of because I would flip out if I lost it.
    I'm sorry, but you know the rules; Post a picture or you don't really have one.

~ Chance

Ask......and ye shall receive! Forgot to mention that Buddha digs it too.
    IMG_3250 by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr
    QUOTE=Chauncey Gardiner;4849308]I'm sorry, but you know the rules; Post a picture or you don't really have one.

~ Chance [/QUOTE]

Sweet patina!

~ C.G.

I have been purposefully rough with this light. In my view if a light is fragile or I have to be overly careful it's not for me. This guy has been dropped, scraped, dragged,dinged, and generally knocked around a lot in a short amount of time. It's passed with flying colors and again that's why I ordered a 2nd one. This light is awesome. Thanks Foursevens! Now please make that flat tail cap for the new Preon.
    Sweet patina!

~ C.G.

I have one of the original P1 lights with a clicky. I run a 10440 in it within reason as its considerably brighter with it. Has anyone tried running a 10440 in these new ones?
    For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (Ephesians 5:8 NIV)

Really disappointed theses don't have LMH as an option, I'll have to stick to the original preon for medical use.

Just got a Blue 2, love it but I want a thrower/Turbo head as an accessory.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

OK, 3 questions, Why not: 1) Moonlight/firefly mode? 2) Neutral or 219B? 3) 14500 compatibility? Just wondering. Still, can't resist the blue P1.
    Last edited by Lucky Duck; 07-20-2016 at 04:00 PM.

1) No
    2) No
    3) No (at least officially, I'll let someone else try 1 x LiIon though, I use Eneloops. For sure 8.4V would kill it) BTW, you would need 10440, 14500 is AA size.

VOLTAGE RANGE 0.9V-3V
    Last edited by Hondo; 03-31-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Whoopsie, yes, I meant 14400. The questions should have been prefaced with: Why not..? As I would prefer to have these features included in the design. But one takes what is offered or not in this case. BTW: 8.4V Li-ion?
    Last edited by Lucky Duck; 03-31-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Duck View Post
    Whoopsie, yes, I meant 14400. The questions should have been prefaced with: Why not..? As I would prefer them to have said features. BTW: 8.4V Li-ion?
    He's saying 2 10440s in a P2.

Ah, I see. I was referring to the P1 in my original post.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast