rofl americal idol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
them people cant think they have talent. its aparent there doing it as a gag.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first couple episodes are the best when they show all the terrible singers. Im sure they do it on purpose to get on TV.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the ones who win have talent which always suprises me.but the begining a season i think youre right they do it o get on tv.lol that was funny when simmon got wet

was_jlh

Enlightened
Probably the only one who feels this way, but I wish Simon had pressed charges when the police arrived. I realize he would never do that, bad PR if nothing else, but no one has the right to do that, no matter how nasty Simon can be.

Like the guy who laying on the chairs before he auditioned, and then told them he didn't care about being there and wasting their time. People like that really scorch my shorts.

LukeK

Enlightened
Hah half of this crap is embellished. A lady (I'm in Houston) called the local radio station this morning to tell about her daughter who had tried out. They asked her outright to embellish her reaction and act pissed off when they turned her down. She refused and of course didn't end up on TV. They have to turn down decent acts to make room for those who are willing to spice things up with a little 'jerry springer' attitude. It's like 'professional' wrestling. You don't know if any of the 'news' stories you hear about wrestling is supposed to be real or if it's just the genius idea of some network guru to get ratings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

was_jlh

Enlightened
Alright, Luke, 'fess up, which one were you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife relaxes in the evening to shows like that. The Idol show was bad enough, and I think it's 'embellished'. When OC came on I apologized that I had to leave and go for an evening drive. Winding a turbo'd engine around, even in a boxy wagon in Massachusetts, is far more relaxing for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

iddibhai

Enlightened
ooooh oooooh, boxy wagon, in Ma, turbo. big bridges aka big dig. you gotta be talking about boston, volvo central! 'fess up, 850 T5-R? V70 T5? 940 T? or good heavens the 740/760 T?

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
V70 R, as of last week. Said sad goodbye to the broken Honda wagon.
Now 300hp, AWD, manual transmission, with space for my kids + bikes in the back and my bike up on top. My kiddies like the ride. It goes vroom. Hehe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Beats American Idol for fun factor, for me at least.

iddibhai

Enlightened
awd and manny tranny? that's the new one, right, the 3C or 4C one, adaptive suspension and the works? sweeeeeeeet.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got it. And HID headlights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It's just so much fun. On its 37th mile it made another sale via a friend taking it for a short drive. (Fellow mtb'er, whose baby-poop color R wagon is showing some age but not that much in my opinion) You're right on about this being Volvo central. They're everywhere.

The commies in Cambridge drive crusty old 240's with "Kill your TV" stickers on them and the rest of the population drives varying newer versions, not yet so embellished. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LukeK

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
was_jlh said:
Alright, Luke, 'fess up, which one were you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif I've been caught in my own web of lies and deceit! *whisper* Don't tell anyone but I'm the one that wins