Olight s1 Baton Titanium

Finnegan

Newly Enlightened
It's a bit disappointing that Olight's premium titanium model of the S1 Baton only comes with a CR123 battery instead of the RCR123 rechargeable that comes with the aluminum S1. I mean heck, an extra 30 bucks for a mysterious unnamed Chinese titanium alloy (and most often the titanium version will be ordered by good customers who already bought the original S1)... and you can't step up and throw in a rechargeable Olight battery???!!

akhyar

Enlightened
In stock packaging, the aluminium S1 Baton don't come with any battery at all from the factory.
Any battery that comes with your aluminium S1 is from your dealer or the shop you purchased it from.
If in doubt, can always check with Olight rep in this forum

Finnegan

Newly Enlightened
I ordered from Illumination Supply, now called Illumn. Great service. But it's Olight who decides what's in the package. Surprised you didn't get a battery at all!

Finnegan

Newly Enlightened
My original S1 aluminum version light was in the preformed plastic, unopened, with the battery inside the light. So I would be interested in what Olight has to say.

akhyar

Enlightened
My original S1 aluminum version light was in the preformed plastic, unopened, with the battery inside the light. So I would be interested in what Olight has to say.

Is your's the new packaging with 1 O-ring and spare magnet, or the old package with 2 O-rings?
Olight did change the packaging and the UI without informing the users

Finnegan

Newly Enlightened
Must have been the old packaging as I don't remember a magnet, and of course foolishly chucked the o rings out with the package.

evi1joe

Newly Enlightened
Is there a tail-click flashlight that does everything else as good as the S1 baton (though I assume it would be 1/2-3/4" longer for the clicky)??
I love the S1 but hate side buttons (which take me awhile to find).

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the U.S. there are certain types of laws and restrictions in the sale and transportation of items that contain a battery. Even more so for a lithium-ion battery. It is likely your dealer opened the factory packaging and put a CR123 cell in the light for your convenience. This would be a good time for you to thank them now.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the U.S. there are certain types of laws and restrictions in the sale and transportation of items that contain a battery. Even more so for a lithium-ion battery. It is likely your dealer opened the factory packaging and put a CR123 cell in the light for your convenience. This would be a good time for you to thank them now.

I've purchased the S1 Baton Titanium light from three different suppliers, one from Olightdirectly, one from Illumn and a third from Banggood. All came packaged the same way, light, lanyard, traffic cone and CR123 Olight battery.

All were in plastic seal wrap inside the hard cardboard display box..

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
:dedhorse: Ti and Cu S1 come with a single CR123 (and nice packaging); Al S1 does not. I am not a fan of the plastic packaging on the Al Olights (non-kit versions); it looks cool but it is hard on the skin.