Made some bezels toolkits for surefire

forstersun

Newly Enlightened
Made some tool-kits for surefire bezels a month ago.

At the very beginning, I saw the tool-kits for z44 & z32 on Oveready.com, but they didn't have tool-kit for kt heads or z44 with attack bezel. So, I measured the data and made some tool-kits myself...

sf-bezels-toolkit_001.jpg

5 types. z44 (6P & C2, hexagon), z44 (6PD & 6PDL, pentagon), z32 (M2, hexagon), KT (M4 & M6, hexagon, metal), KT (M4 & M6, hexagon, plastic). I must admit that I forgot z46 (for m3)...

sf-bezels-toolkit_002.jpg

sf-bezels-toolkit_003.jpg

They are all designed to be used with a 1/4 wrench. Wire cut HSS, 6mm thick, raw finish. Easy to made, cheap, tough, but easy to use...

sf-bezels-toolkit_004.jpg

sf-bezels-toolkit_005.jpg

sf-bezels-toolkit_006.jpg

sf-bezels-toolkit_007.jpg

Not for sell...they were already sold to my friends...

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Not for sale":mecry:How many SF freak friends do you have? lol
What a tease!!!!! :tsk::whoopin::whoopin::whoopin::twak:

Ha! if you ever do offer them, I would be interested in a few. They look good. :thumbsup:

forstersun

Newly Enlightened
"Not for sale":mecry:How many SF freak friends do you have? lol
What a tease!!!!! :tsk::whoopin::whoopin::whoopin::twak:

Ha! if you ever do offer them, I would be interested in a few. They look good. :thumbsup:

:DI'm glad you like them, if I have chance to make more, I'll let you know.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll purchase a set if you ever make some bro.

I need an adapter for an M3 and M4/6

forstersun

Newly Enlightened
I'll purchase a set if you ever make some bro.

I need an adapter for an M3 and M4/6

Did't make tools for M3 (z46). There are 2 kinds of bezels for z46, plastic one and metal one. Plastic bezel is older and is the same to 9AN's head (R95).
I'll let you know, if I make more of them ....

JK M4

Newly Enlightened
Made some tool-kits for surefire bezels a month ago....

I really need some help. I've searched everywhere I can think of to find ANY kind of tool that can be used to remove the crenelated bezel ring on the m4 devastator turbo head. I cannot find anything online, in stores or from people I know. The only thing I have not done is to go by a auto garage and see if they had anything that would work. I need to remove the lens, clean it and replace the reflector.

Last edited by a moderator:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I really need some help. I've searched everywhere I can think of to find ANY kind of tool that can be used to remove the crenelated bezel ring on the m4 devastator turbo head. I cannot find anything online, in stores or from people I know. The only thing I have not done is to go by a auto garage and see if they had anything that would work. I need to remove the lens, clean it and replace the reflector.

Hello and welcome to CPF .... Your post above has been approved, but the numerous large photo "requotes" were removed as unnecessary.

forstersun

Newly Enlightened

Hi, welcome to CPF.

I'm sorry I don't have extra ones for you. But I'll go to US this month and if you really need one and you locats in US, I can take mine to US and ship it to you, when you're done, you can ship it back to my US address.

I need to make sure about your turbo head because there are 3 different rings for M4's T-head, one of them is plastic(very slim) and another two are metal, they require different tools. You said it's crenelated, so it should be metal, right?

The metal attack ring is really really difficult to unscrew, you will need a fine bench clamp to hold the head tight enough and also need to make sure it won't be too tight to destroy it. Some friends of mine even made some kinds of plastic fixture for the head(it's like a hose clamp) just to unscrew the ring. You can buy a metal hose clamp with suitable diameter and with some rubber in between with the head, tight it, and then clamp that "set" to a bench clamp, and then use the tool to unscrew it.

...but if you are lucky enough, all you need it's just a twist...

Please let me know.

I'll also ask my friend if he still have his version of this tools, so you won't need to ship it back...

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Not the right tool but I have had good results with and old set of dial calipers. Just use the ID ears.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not saying it's the right tool for the right job, but I was able to unscrew the lens retaining ring on a KT-1 turbohead (the same diameter as the M4/M6 bezels? I don't have any M4 or M6 lights to compare it to.) by taking the KT-1 to a local hardware store and using one of their selection of long thinnish brass "shim stock" that had the same width as the "spanner notches" in the retaining ring. I wouldn't mind having a dedicated tool for it, though.