Long term owners of SL TL-2 LED

watchdog2001

Newly Enlightened
I've been reading CPF for a few months and noticed a few posts concerning the SL TL-2 LED. I am the market for a 1 watt LED and have almost decided on the TL-2 LED. Are there any owners that have owned one for a while? What are your "long term" feelings concerning this light? Likes/Dislikes/Regrets?

HunterSon

Enlightened
I have had one for about 3 months and it is my most used light. Still doesn't show any signs of wear and gets straped on to my head every time I snowblow or shovel in the dark. I think it is very under rated and a real deal for $60 at most flashlight retailers. I wasen't fond of the clip so I took it off.

Turt

Enlightened
You might also want to consider the new Pelican M6 led, I hear that they are a little brighter (probably a bit bigger though...)

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
What advantage does a TL-2 have over a BB400/500/MM/+ in a Minimag? At $ 60, isn't it kinda expensive for a run of the mill 1w flashlight?

blademan

Enlightened
My TL-2 is my favorite edc for many reasons. I just recently went on a trip to a cave and was very impressed with the throw. The cave had falls at one point that had to be at least 150 feet high and I was shining it all the way to the top. It also has very useable spill-light. I reccomend the light highly,you won't be disappointed!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Mark_Larson said:
What advantage does a TL-2 have over a BB400/500/MM/+ in a Minimag? At $ 60, isn't it kinda expensive for a run of the mill 1w flashlight?

[/ QUOTE ]

cost is similar for both: the MM is about $8-$10, the badboy/madmax module is ~$40, the kroll is $6 i think, add shipping....about $60.

the TL-2 LED is different in that it has THROW compared to the MM/BB w/optics. it really shows in the lux readings: the MM/BB will often post 300-500 lux, where the TL-2 will go 900-1100 lux, and still has a BIG and very bright, useful spill. it is nearly as bright as my tec-40's. impressive indeed.

the secret is that they matched the high dome perfectly with a textured reflector.

excellent light--highly recommended.

Bob

Ps i still love my badboys, though!

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the prices of this light on LA Police Gear
http://www.lapolicegear.com/streamlight.html

It is less than $50.00. I recently bought one there and the service was excellent.

I like my light, and though it does not have the throw of a 2L xenon, it puts out a lot of light and has an excellent throw. I think it is much more useful than my E2e or PM6. I'm glad I have all of them, but if I had to keep only one of those three I would keep the TL-2LED.

Jerry

Jerry