nitecore ea45s-die cast 4aa

YAK-28

Enlightened
anybody look over the new nitecore ea45s? i saw it on the brightguy site. i think i'm going to raid the change can tomorrow and do some ordering.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to hold off a little while on that. If Nitecore follows the same pattern as they did with the EC4S, after the initial announcement with the XHP 50 emitter, they latter announce the EC4SW, using the MT-G2 emitter, with the general consensus of the members here that that is the better light of the two.

If this is a case of 'that's a light I'd like to have', and not a case of immediate need, at least wait until after Thanksgiving when all the serious sales kick in. One can usually get some serious savings then.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
ea45s looks fantastic! I dont know why there doesnt seem to be more threads about it. Guess most CPFers are cashed out after the EC4 and EC4S madness. I myself didnt get the ea45s cause I pre ordered the new MH27.

YAK-28

Enlightened
i hit the order button. i'm looking for a simpler, longer throwing 4aa for friend. got him a d8oa last year and looking something easier to carry and use.

clintb

Enlightened
You might want to hold off a little while on that. If Nitecore follows the same pattern as they did with the EC4S, after the initial announcement with the XHP 50 emitter, they latter announce the EC4SW, using the MT-G2 emitter, with the general consensus of the members here that that is the better light of the two.

If this is a case of 'that's a light I'd like to have', and not a case of immediate need, at least wait until after Thanksgiving when all the serious sales kick in. One can usually get some serious savings then.
Chiming in here as an owner of the EC4S. I have another light, a Nialker Vostro BK-FA02 with Cree MT-G2 P0, which Niwalker lists as "Neutral White", and I prefer the tint of the EC4S. To me, the EC4S is closer to not adding its own tint to what I'm seeing, and that, to me, is neutral.

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
I own the EA45S and love the light. You'll find the rear thread a little gritty to begin with but it breaks-in nicely after a while.

I ran it on Turbo for 90 minutes (two sets of Eneloop Pros) on the weekend in 50F weather and it remained cool to hold - very comfortable. The head was a little warmer but not unduly so. I've just picked up a P12GT and its a great light but gets hotter than hell with the same emitter.

The EA45S for AA is a fantastic light. You'll be very happy.

YAK-28

Enlightened
looks like they will be here saturday. looking forward to trying it out. hoping for some decent throw without using lithium batteries and an easy fit to the pocket.

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
looks like they will be here saturday. looking forward to trying it out. hoping for some decent throw without using lithium batteries and an easy fit to the pocket.
Eneloop or Eneloop Pro and you'll be very happy. Remember the rear thread will be gritty until it breaks in. Watch for small bits of aluminum also. Mine is now very smooth and its a fantastic light.

YAK-28

Enlightened
post office came through and dropped off the box. the ea45s is a nice little light. my threads weren't to bad, when i tapped out the back i saw 1 little chip. definitely more of a hotspot with some spill(will test better latter once the sun is down). should work nicely for my buddy in wva, who has a little property to keep a eye on. i got him some eneloops and chargers last year, so he should be set to go. nice low. nice high, steps in between. easy into a pocket. next we will see how it holds up, if you someone to test it's dependability, he's the perfect subject. i'll pass any comments/problems along as they show up.

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
I'd imaging the EC4, EC4S, and EC4W crowd can comment on reliability also.

Latest posts