SRT6 Slow Gritty Ring

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
anybody know what kind of lube I can use to smooth out the smart ring on my SRT6? It is slow and gritty when turned. The ring on my SRT7 is smooth as hell...

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is pretty interesting. How do you get the grease under your control rings? I just used a Tuff Glide pen. It helped a little. Nitecore uses something for lube under the ring at the factory I forgot what it is. I have read that for smart ring lubing and maintenance NC wants you to send your light to them in China to have it done. I guess they have the tools to take the ring off. Are you actually taking your SWM rings off to apply that grease?

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, i had to break the glue between the screw thread & from there i was able to remove the control ring.
Im not sure about the light structure of the SRT though

jeff400650

Newly Enlightened
I gave my SRT7 to my brother, and then ordered a new one to replace it. The first one (black), was super smooth. The second one (grey), is stiff and gritty feeling. Not pleasent to use. I have dribbled silicone grease and dry film lube into it, but it still feels bad. I noticed that if I pull the ring down, toward the battery tube as I turn it, it rotates more smoothly. If anyone knows how to disassemble, I would like to give it a shot.
I miss my old black SRT7. It was my first nice flashlight. I bought it at REI.

Taz80

Enlightened
I bought my SRT7 when they first came out, It's been one of my most used lights ever since. The ring is still very smooth and turns easily. On the other hand my V20C and V11R are both very stiff and need to be regreased. The SRT7 has more use than both the Sunwayman's together.