sunwayman c20c

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made 2 custom fit leather holsters because I own 4 of these lights. At they worked perfectly and what was originally 1 flashlight turned into 4.
Now they are all developing intermittent problems turning on, or off or changing brightness levels. i cannot use them as they barely function
what to do
sunwayman c20c flashlights

saypat

Enlightened
I have one of these, modded by Vinh with a dedomed emitter and current boost. Mine works fine, I guess. The switch is a bit weird. My switch works GREAT if u give it a firm QUICK press! If I do it slowly it will only flash and not come on.

... by the way these do have a lockout mode. Wait 7 seconds after turning off, then quick press, release, and press and hold. Same to reactivate.

hope this helps.....

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
all 4 of my lights ( i made leather cases for all of them) and now all the switches are failing, and i understand that I am not alone.
I use them seldom, just for a spot light here and there, almost no runtime, and they are not in warranty, they were not cheap lights.
but the perform like junk lights. If the switches are user replaceable, I would do that, but I am not going to send them in for a long
repair process, failed once , they will fail again and as I said they had very little runtime

Poppy

Flashaholic
I only have one Sunwayman, it is a vinh modded D40C. The build is superb, such that I would be surprised that they wouldn't stand behind their product.

You mentioned a long repair process. I don't know if you know it, but they have a US location in Connecticut. Perhaps they do repairs there, as opposed to having to send it to China.

[SIZE=-1]SUNWAYMAN-USA.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]50 School House Road Unit 2[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Phone[/SIZE][SIZE=-1](860) 581-4540 M-F 9-5 EST[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Old Saybrook, CT 06475 USA[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Fax[/SIZE][SIZE=-1](240) 524-2571
[/SIZE]

It might be worth a call.

Good luck.
Poppy

stfc69

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these lights, it gets used virtually every day as it's my work light, very versatile.

Unfortunately though the switch isn't good, turning the wrong light on, accidentally activating strobe etc,
I did take the switch cover off to see if there was anything obvious, it looks like rubber part doesn't quite locate on the internal part very well, excuse my non technical description!

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mentioned a long repair process. I don't know if you know it, but they have a US location in Connecticut. Perhaps they do repairs there, as opposed to having to send it to China.

[SIZE=-1]SUNWAYMAN-USA.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]50 School House Road Unit 2[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Phone[/SIZE][SIZE=-1](860) 581-4540 M-F 9-5 EST[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Old Saybrook, CT 06475 USA[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Fax[/SIZE][SIZE=-1](240) 524-2571
[/SIZE]

It might be worth a call.

Good luck.
Poppy
That address reminds me of the return address that I've seen on Batteryjunction...........not sure if that is them but it could be. I'd also advise giving them a call.

From what I remember the C20C has a "momentary" function which is unheard of in a non-tactical forward click switch type of lights. It requires a quick press and release of the button to turn on, otherwise you end up with a momentary function which when you release the switch button it goes back off. So there is timing involved here. My guess is if the switch starts to wear out or doesn't make the proper contact for the right amount of time, it would give an improper response.