5.11 Battery Case

T_zero

Newly Enlightened
Hello

I bought some 5.11 battery cases for myself.

they are waterproof, dust and moisture resistant made from impact resistant polymer.
http://www.511tactical.com/tactical-battery-case.html

5.11 says it can hold 4xCR123 or 4xAA without noise (no rattle).

I say the case can hold more (with noise).

PICTURES:

standard, cr123 and AA
2015_11_22_2194.jpg

standard with AAA (with noise) and without the batteries holder:
2015_11_22_2195.jpg

without the batteries holder you can store more:

13xAAA or 5xAA
2015_11_22_2198.jpg

6xCR123
2015_11_22_2199_editado.jpg

and I think it can hold 3x18650 if you remove the plastic tabs
2015_11_22_2201_editado.jpg

its also possible to remove the plastic on the back used to attach on MOLLE
2015_11_22_2205.jpg

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Yeah for sure. I could use one for storing cells and other goodies while traveling. Thanks for showing!

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see someone actually using these. I have looked at those, the maxpedition and condor versions and still feel like the store-a-cell are the best methods for the money but then again I have not tried any of them so I can't honestly say.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea to remove the battery holders!

I have had this since they came out, and have a few storacells. The advantage that the 5.11 has is more shock resistant and water/dust proof at the expense of bulk.

What i do like about them is the ability to use a mix of cr123 and AA in them, I have 3 cr123 for my Malkoff md3 m61l- my backup longer running light on the ambulance and an AA for my zl headlamp. I keep it inside my bag as I'm not too comfortable with the clips on the outside molle- my bag tends to get crammed into whatever space I can find for it.

terjee

Enlightened
For 18650 - I've gone to the silicone sleeves with the loop at the top and opening on one side.

These are great in some ways. They're also really convenient in that batteries fit either way, so it's easy to store the battery upside down if it's empty, allowing for fairly quick and easy checking if a cell needs charging, finding a full one amongst several, and so on.

Only downside is that they seem to offer pretty poor protection against mechanical stress and impact.

terjee

Elchino

Newly Enlightened
Very convenient for road trip batteries. Great heads up!

Thanks. This is a good case for batteries and charging cables etc. Good find. I had been looking for a small case with these features for a while

5.11 has deals or coupons every now and then so this will be something I keep in my radar.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not bad! I love 5.11. I have been looking for something really low profile to carry a single 18650 battery on my belt but unfortunately I have not found anything yet. This is a bit bulky for my needs. If anyone can recommend some kind of pouch/holster/sheath/etc that is just suitable for a single 18650 battery to on on the belt, I would appreciate it.