Sunday Stroll...

scout24

Flashaholic
Okay, stretching the meaning of "Hiking", but not Urban Exploring. Either way, cool and I felt like sharing! :) A little over a mile down a dirt road near my house, marked with a big ROAD CLOSED sign. Wife and I decided to take a walk this afternoon. There are no houses on this end of the road, just a small summer camp and a few lightly used quad/four wheeler tracks off into the woods. After the first corner, it seems rather desolate. More than a bit of deer sign, some coyote sign, and the road just gets narrower and narrower as the trees and eventually rock cuts shrink the road down to a single lane. We hear rushing water... Knowing there is a creek and supposedly small falls up ahead, here's the view. The bridge should be about 100' across, it washed out during "Superstorm Sandy" a few years ago. Plans were made, new concrete poured, and the project came to a halt. It's a pretty spot, very calm and quiet other than the rushing water. Thanks for looking!

20151122_151558.jpg

20151122_151618.jpg

20151122_151646.jpg

20151122_151651.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The wife and I used to take a Sunday stroll (to give the kids a break from the grownups lol), with cameras. Being digital we could fire away with no regards for dud or no dud.
We saw a lot of really interesting stuff and shot a few wall hanger photos as well.

Eventually we'd leave the cameras at home so we could just relax and enjoy the show with no pressure to get settings correct or fumble with focus etc.

Then she took over the role as my dad's care taker. Well when he passed on she took a job on weekends training dogs.
I tried the whole stroll thing solo, but it just aint the same. Before I met her it was normal to stroll solo. But after we met it just aint the same.
It's almost like when your with your favorite dame your creativity feeds off each other.

This thread has me thinking that Ima take off on a day my wife is off and do the stroll thing before all the leaves have fallen.

Sometimes we'd wait until those gray days of January in order to search out the shades of gray. And even a splash of color could be found here n there.

Nowadays my job has me taking pix for promotional purposes.
They like it when I document stuff like this...

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I guess the bridge project was stealthily un-halted. Walked same road over the holidays, and Bam! New bridge! Who knew. No signs, no notice in the paper, nothing... :)

20160102_135254.jpg