5-7 lumen P60 module with 100 hour runtime in 3P

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a neat Surefire "3P" FiveMega I want to use with some ultra-low lumen module, focusing on longest runtime possible from a single 123 cell.'

Think Gerber Infinity and you get the idea.

A quick search of things available reveals that everything is at least 30 lumens, with most a lot higher than that.

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check with Mountain Electronics. With all the various parts they have, they should be able to put together a custom P60 to meet your needs, at least as far as the lumens go. Have no idea about the 100 hours part.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could the lowest M61 available in the market fit his need?
With the extended line of L, i have lost count. Haha

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad SF discontinued that light.

Well FiveMega re-continued it. You can also use a Malkoff head and a Surefire E1 body + tailcap. Actually it makes more sense than what I have but might be more expensive.

It is a small device that disappears in your pocket but not so small that's difficult to hold like Gerber Infinity (IMO).

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could the lowest M61 available in the market fit his need?
With the extended line of L, i have lost count. Haha

The lowest they have available is 4 Ls. Down to about 30 lumens.
I need what appears to be a 5L or even 6L module. As in M61LLLLLL(Either 15 or 7 lumens if we keep halfing the lumens with each L)

Doesn't make sense to have a heat sink in that configuration, just adds unneeded weight I suppose.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
....ultra-low lumen module, focusing on longest runtime possible from a single 123 cell....

Someone used to make a 5mm P60...

I use a 5mm amber LED in a FM bipin reflector. Direct drive probably puts out a couple of lumens for ... a really long time :)

UdqCn7G.jpg

Doesn't make sense to have a heat sink in that configuration, just adds unneeded weight I suppose.

Yeah, agreed, the Cryos bezel is probably unnecessary ... :laughing:

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really wanting to do this for my e1e, great idea. Any ideas on current 5mm specs and what to look for ?

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe a Malkoff M31 with the lowest output, and a resistor mod in the tailcap spring?
That would lower output quite a bit, and extend runtime greatly.
I modded a G2 tailcap with a 1/4watt, 22ohm resistor once and lowered the KX4 head's 120 lumen output to around 40 lumens, guesstimate. Runtime was fantastic.