Lighthound key chain light replacement ?

myfxdx

Newly Enlightened
Hello folks,

Every year for Christmas I give all I know and like a key chain flashlight, providing them with light into the new year. For years I have purchased the lot from Lighthound, great price for a great product and usually picked up a toy or two for myself.

So here is the question. What is a good replacement for the Lighthound key chain LED? What vendor would be the best place to pick up about 50 key chain lights?

Thanks all,

Douglas

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Hello folks,

Every year for Christmas I give all I know and like a key chain flashlight, providing them with light into the new year. For years I have purchased the lot from Lighthound, great price for a great product and usually picked up a toy or two for myself.

So here is the question. What is a good replacement for the Lighthound key chain LED? What vendor would be the best place to pick up about 50 key chain lights?

Thanks all,

Douglas

Consider buying the Nitecore Tube on sale. Check to see if Banggood still has it on sale. I bought a bunch about a month ago and then ordered the USB recharging cables from Monoprice for about .97 each which I will give as a gift at Christmas with the Tube along with the one page Instruction sheet I downloaded from the Nitecore site, since it is more extensive than the instructions on the package.

myfxdx

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the help. I went with the batteryjunction suggestion. But now I want the Nitecore Tube for myself. I carry a Nitecore STR3 everyday and enjoy the quality.

Thanks for all the help,

Douglas
W7ADD

Capolini

Banned
So now he only has to make 50 orders . . .

Exactly!!!

For free it is ok,I have several of them but prefer my olight for a keychain light. The battery jct. ones have coin batteries in them,prefer the option for either primary or rechargeable plus more output.

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
He asked for a Lighthound keychain replacement to give away a bunch.

The $10 Nitecore Tube is a far better light.
I gave a Tube to everyone in my family for Xmas, 4.

I have the $25 TubeVN on my keys.

:party:

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
He asked for a Lighthound keychain replacement to give away a bunch.

The $10 Nitecore Tube is a far better light.
I gave a Tube to everyone in my family for Xmas, 4.

I have the $25 TubeVN on my keys.

:party:

Far better than the Olight I3E EOS??!! Right!!!

I had a tubevn and it lasted about 4 months! Plus aluminum is much more durable than plastic! My other ~15 Vinh lights are doing fine and he always takes care of me more than the warranty suggests!

Then again,it is all preference and opinion.

However, I doubt if you or any other members walk there dog[Husky] 7 miles a day w/ the light attached to a carabiner! ;) Durability is ESSENTIAL for that,,and the TUBE WAS far from durable for my needs!

:cool:HERE COMES THE BLIZZARD!!!!! :clap:

11484017113_130801e1dc_z.jpg

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
It seems like the switches crack easily on those - I've even gotten them pre-cracked, as the one on the far right appears to be in the photo at the link.

I just grabbed one of those Olight i3e's - not that I need it, but for $11 I'm sure it'll come in handy somewhere.

:D :twothumbs :thumbsup:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Wish I had saved one as a memento to the once great, prolific and proud parts supplier of parts suppliers, well at least around here, All I have is a free Write in the Rain Pad. (Like it ever rains in the desert - Better take it to DC or PA, maybe BH?).

Capolini

Banned
Thanks anyway but I will stick to healthy food! In the pinch,i would eat it!

BLIZZARD ALL RIGHT,,,,,,,,,27" where I live! Philly got 22.4",,,,,,,4Th highest total since keeping records w/ the BLIZZARD OF 1996 at # 1 with 31'6" of snow

32" north[Bethlehem,Pa.] where my brother lives! It is actually too much snow,,,,,,,,,,my night hikes are on the hiking trails and there is waaayy too much snow,,,need some snow mobiles to pack it down.