NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: #4 FOURSEVENS Quark Smart QSL !

Default Re: #4 FOURSEVENS Quark Smart QSL !

Quote Originally Posted by 4sevens View Post
    applevision - good job

On earlier questions - single AA is problematic because 1.5V has to be boosted for the bluetooth to operated at 2v which means you won't get those multi-year standby times UNLESS you turn off the bluetooth which defeats the whole purpose. Unless they come up with an incredible BT chip that runs on 0.9v then it's not going to happen. Given you can't really beat physics I'd say single AA ain't gonna happen in a long long time.

On the questions of special run ww, nw and whatever varieties the answer is no. None planned in the near future. The XM-L2 we are using is well spec'd and is 85 cri which is plenty neutral enough for me.
    85 CRI is fine. Now if I set a new battery on 1 hour do I get more output? Why no clip.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    85 CRI is fine. Now if I set a new battery on 1 hour do I get more output? Why no clip.
    More output than max? No. The clip question was answered in post number 27.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Nice work here, Applevision !

Now, let me point out Another feature of Navi . . . .

It also serves as a fancy lenscap
    for the Rolleiflex twin-lens reflex camera !

TLR's * forever * ! ! !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollei...lex_f2-8-F.jpg
    _

...Is it December 7th yet?

Very excited about Quark Smart!

I'll wait for the cr123x2 version and only if it comes with a clip. Hopefully deep carry like the old Quarks.

Thanks David!

A&Q Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander View Post

I'll wait for the cr123x2 version and only if it comes with a clip. Hopefully deep carry like the old Quarks.

Thanks David!
    I am thinking the same thing so it can be run off a 16650.... Oh that's a question. Will the smart Quark in 2XCR123 run off a 16650. My regular one does so guessing that would too but then again 4/7s would know for sure.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Thanks David!
    I would prefer the current model with a clip but it sounds like an accessory might eventually exist as a special tailcap. My guess is they would please more users with a clip that cannot be removed than with a clipless flashlight but they must know that.

applevision - good job

On earlier questions - single AA is problematic because 1.5V has to be boosted for the bluetooth to operated at 2v which means you won't get those multi-year standby times UNLESS you turn off the bluetooth which defeats the whole purpose. Unless they come up with an incredible BT chip that runs on 0.9v then it's not going to happen. Given you can't really beat physics I'd say single AA ain't gonna happen in a long long time.

On the questions of special run ww, nw and whatever varieties the answer is no. None planned in the near future. The XM-L2 we are using is well spec'd and is 85 cri which is plenty neutral enough for me.
    Would you be able to elaborate some on how the infinite variable mode in this new light will work? It has me intrigued and I'm excited about the possibilities for it. Possible high/low quick access shortcuts with ramping, like a D10 light? Or will the ramping work differently? Thanks!

Flashaholic*

The XM-L2 we are using is well spec'd and is 85 cri which is plenty neutral enough for me.
    Ok you have my attention . Which light will have the neutral 85CRI LED? The link from the first post takes me to the cool white version.

Thanks David!
    Having a deep carry clip would be a single. First base.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker View Post
    I am thinking the same thing so it can be run off a 16650.... Oh that's a question. Will the smart Quark in 2XCR123 run off a 16650. My regular one does so guessing that would too but then again 4/7s would know for sure.
    Having a deep carry clip and the ability to run a 16650 would be a double. Second base.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_dAY View Post
    Ok you have my attention . Which light will have the neutral 85CRI LED? The link from the first post takes me to the cool white version.
    Having a deep carry clip, running a 16650 and a neutral 85CRI LED would be a triple. Third base.

Having a a deep carry clip, running a 16650, a neutral 85CRI LED and Bluetooth compatible, well that gentlemen constituents a home run.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_dAY View Post
    Unfortunately, David has stated that he will not do runs of neutral or warm white. With that said, the 85 CRI is from the cool white XM-L2 LED that FourSevens is using and leans just a bit neutral.

For someone as myself, that is a fan of warm white and neutral tints, I tend to stay away from cool white as much as possible. But when done right, for me this would be in a light that has other features I like very much, I do not mind the tint one bit. I believe that will be the case with the Quark Smart QSL. It is definitely the case with the Knight.
    Click Here to view my lights

I can't wait until the 18650 version, (no clip necessary for me)

Mr Chow, I'm starting to hold my breath - NOW!
    "...[they] Carry Torches And Pass Them One To Another" Socrates ~360 BCE

mckeand13's Brilliant Idea: CPF Members Map - Please Add Yourself?

I received a new Preon 1 Friday afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised by the tint. It's noticeably warmer than my Quark QP2L-X.

FWIW,

~ Chance

The lights I have received lately have been on the warm side of cool.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Flashaholic*

Thanks guys l, I really appreciate the first hand tint descriptions.
    So slightly warm side of cool white with decent color rendition sounds good to me.

Enlightened

May one hope for a 2 123 batteries and no side click? Is it even possible to choose modes on this new interface without side button?

+1 to a deep carry pocket clip. I can't carry anything that doesn't ride as deep as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenk View Post
    Philips seem to have a well organised IP licensing scheme to use their patents, and RGB(W) LED colour mixing is now commonplace in entertainment and architectural lighting, and increasingly home lighting. Thus I'm surprised it hasn't made its way into flashlights.
    I wonder if any flashlight manufacturers have looked into licensing this technology?
    If so was the license fee or lack of potential sales volumes the killer?
    I've got two RGBA (amber, my favorite) and two RGBW (white, on the cool side) spot lights and would love to have the same mixability in a flashlight.

Won't be happening I guess but for a moment I imagined my Quark RGB's getting a new cousin carrying the torch for the new generation.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Flashaholic*

Awesome ! With all the usb ports on lights at the moment ive been waiting for something like this, what I want to do is choose my number of outputs, how bright or what they are the order they are in. Looks like we are close.
    Especially with the infinate control, you just need a dial on the app, adjust it and save it. Done.

In the vid you controlled out put on the device but can you control actual on / off too ?

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    I've got two RGBA (amber, my favorite) and two RGBW (white, on the cool side) spot lights and would love to have the same mixability in a flashlight.

Won't be happening I guess but for a moment I imagined my Quark RGB's getting a new cousin carrying the torch for the new generation.
    I love my LED Lenser P7QC but for light painting red, green, and blue is still limiting.
    Which ever manufacturer produces a half-decent colour mixing flashlight will get a sale from me! Hint, hint.

I am very interested in seeing the implementation of the ramping mode, as well as the Android app. Question for 4Sevens: This can be set up using as many or as few of the available modes as the user chooses? And I was not clear on mode memory. Thanks!

I wish he would have demonstrated the ramping mode, too.

After reading the description that has been posted on 4Sevens site, I'm confused about the tail switch. I assumed it was a clicky, but the description implies it is only a momentary type switch.

David - What is the feel of the tail switch? Does it actually click, or does it only push in without any click?

Quote Originally Posted by jimahi View Post
    After reading the description that has been posted on 4Sevens site, I'm confused about the tail switch. I assumed it was a clicky, but the description implies it is only a momentary type switch.

David - What is the feel of the tail switch? Does it actually click, or does it only push in without any click?
    It's a momentary signal switch but it can behave like a clicky or momentary tactical depending on how you set it. By default it's tactical.
    Mechanically you feel a slight "click" when you press it.

It's a momentary signal switch but it can behave like a clicky or momentary tactical depending on how you set it. By default it's tactical.
    Mechanically you feel a slight "click" when you press it.

Its been asked a few a few times but haven't since a reply yet, how does the ramping mode work? Can you share some insight into this? Looking at getting my first foursevens light but would like to know how the ramping mode works first before doing so. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by snowlover91 View Post
    Its been asked a few a few times but haven't since a reply yet, how does the ramping mode work? Can you share some insight into this? Looking at getting my first foursevens light but would like to know how the ramping mode works first before doing so. Thanks!
    Final code is not finished and may not be by the time they ship. I didn't want to demonstrate before final software is ready. Even if they ship first there is no problem since the firmware is easily updated through the app. We're working on making the ramp up and down smooth and inverse log so it looks linear to the eyes. Once we have something final I'll make a video and post here.

Final code is not finished
    Will the low end of the range be a true moonlight, like <0.1 lumen?

Quote Originally Posted by djj View Post
    Will the low end of the range be a true moonlight, like <0.1 lumen?
    thereabouts

Will the next release be out by Christmas?

Final code is not finished and may not be by the time they ship. I didn't want to demonstrate before final software is ready. Even if they ship first there is no problem since the firmware is easily updated through the app. We're working on making the ramp up and down smooth and inverse log so it looks linear to the eyes. Once we have something final I'll make a video and post here.
    Sounds good looking forward to seeing the results! Also if it could somehow incorporate a shortcut to the max high and low mode that would be a great feature, similar to the Piston Drive lights years ago (which btw 47's was where I read about and ordered my first true flashlight the Nitecore D10). That way users can ramp to any setting they want then quickly shortcut to turbo or moonlight as needed. A great useful feature and would love to see a similar concept incorporated in one of these! Would buy several if that's the case.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast