Arc AAA and Opalec Dealer in Canada?

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I sent an email to these people some months ago. Their prices are in US dollars and they seem to focus on shipping to American addresses. (Their order form asks for State and Zip Code, not Province and Postal Code). I wonder what Peter Gransee thinks about shipping to a Canadian distributor/dealer that turns around and ships to American addresses when he wants to be the sole source in the US.

(I ended up ordering two Arc AAAs from www.cfrlights.com in the States before their air supply was cut off, since it ended up being quite a bit cheaper.)

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
Hmmm...

They have a Toronto-based tel#...

I just called them, and they are 5 minutes from where I live.

They are expecting a shipment next week of the AAA's.

Give them a shout with their 800 number, I haven't tried their web form (no need if I only live 5 minutes away). I have already arranged to pick up a AAA as soon as they arrive.

I'll post an update as soon as I hear from them.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
PhotonBoy, when you received your light from cfrlights, did you had to pay GST and an extra C$10 for administration fee on the GST?

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I've ordered four lights, 2 from cfrlights and 2 from elektrolumens and have never had to pay a dime for GST, HST, customs, duty, excise, or whatever. I think if your order is under some magic number, say $50 or so, they can't be bothered.... It costs more to collect than they get from you.

[edit]BTW, each of the orders came via Canada Post. If it comes via UPS or Fedex, etc., YMMV.

scuba

Enlightened
Do you think that there would be a way to eventually get the Arc-4 from them?

bluewater

Newly Enlightened
I paid WAY too much for my AAA from ELD back in Sept of 2002. I paid exchange, shipping, duties, PST, GST...sheesh. Could have had it for half the price from a US based distributor. If you want an arc4 get it shipped to a US based board member and have them forward it to you...NOT fedex.
ksbman forwards internationally for free.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Hm, just picked up the Factory Second Arc-LS, now I hope that it won't cost me an arm and a leg for crossing the border. Didn't though of ksbman at time of ordering... Maybe I'll ask his help when I'll order the Opalec but that won't be for a while.

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
Pocketlights.com ships Arc AAA and Opalec Newbeams to Canada. We are temporarily out of stock on white Arc AAA flashlights. Shipping costs $3.85.

Mrd 74

Enlightened
CalgaryGuy
No extra batteries,recently got a bunch from Batterystation.I have dealt with Pocketlights on several occasions and recommend Dave without reservation.

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
Yes, PocketLights.com ships to Canada via U.S. mail. Shipping normally costs the same as it does for shipping in the United States. Delivery to Canada takes 4 - 7 days.