DEFT edc-X - 370Kcd!

magnum70383

Enlightened
This came in the mail today and I like to share with CPF this awesome light! I wouldn't say this is a review of any sort, just want to share photos and tell you about the light.

The DEFT edc-X is 7.2 Inches long, 1.6 inches diameter. It runs on a single 18650 at 300Kcd or two 123 at 370Kcd. Mine says 381Kcd. At the end of the light there is rotary knob with 4 modes – Most left is constant high, 2nd​ is constant low, 3rd​ is momentary strobe and most right is momentary high. The constant on mode is adjustable. Hold the button in and it will ramp up or down. When it reaches either the highest or lowest it will blink, then you can release and it will remember this mode every time.

I don't know the lumens coming out of this light, maybe Saabluster can give us the full specs? ;)

Personally, this light is way too big to be called an edc. But it's definitely the smallest super thrower beast that can fit in your pocket! It almost doesn't weight anything even with batteries installed. Here are some photos for now, when it gets dark I'll do some laser beam photos.

This is my first aspheric light. You can "focus" the beam according to the distance. Can someone please tell me if it's better to have the light focused or not?

It really DOES reach the clouds.

Left side - m2x-ut. Right side deft edc-x. Deft edc-x hotspot is much brighter and it throws quite a bit longer.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Re: DEFT edc-X - 1x18650 at 370Kcd!

Thats one stunning looking light:cool:, congrats on the mini beast. Is it based on the acebeam t10? Love the nice touches on the bezel and heat sink fins:naughty:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing, it is very impressive that saabluster got that kind of performance from that host. That host is either Acebeam or Thrunite, but saabluster really dressed it up cosmetically with the bezel and heatfins.

magnum70383

Enlightened

I couldn't get the night beam shots to work just yet. You have to see it in person to know how far this thing throws! It lights up the other end of my street so easily!

gsteve

Enlightened

So almost no spill ? Like a thick laser ?

magnum70383

Enlightened

So almost no spill ? Like a thick laser ?

There is no spill. It's PURE throw, so yes it's pretty much like a thick laser beam. I pretty much create a "light beam pathway" as I walk down the street...:twothumbs

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

I received my light this afternoon after the USPS took it for a nice long ride. Other than the box being a little banged up, the light was fine.

I threw a Panasonic 18650PF in the light and hit the cell tower located 500 yards away. The antenna's were well lit. The beam lit both of the exposed domes which I think are around 8 feet apart.

The Deft edc X doesn't quite match my Nighthunter One HID does, nor as bright or defined as the Maxa Beam, but both of those lights are powered by much heavier batteries and sure aren't small enough to stick in your pocket.

magnum70383

Enlightened

I actually don't have the proper batteries to run this light. I have aw 18650 2200 protected. Just ordered some IMR batteries to power this properly!

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast

Most disappointing thread ever. :) Just imagine if I was a troll....

How can you start a thread for such a potential monster thrower, and then have no real beamshots (maybe not even the ability to take them)...not even have the proper batteries to even try to convey what this light can do? What is the purpose of this thread other than to say you got yours?

You are like a teenager who is too eager, raising your hand to answer before you are even sure if you know the answer.

I am going to call this thread a fail. I am genuinely jealous that you have one. I can't afford it. So I will instead assault you here as revenge.

The teaser beam shots from the maker's thread are far more entertaining than these shots. And since you cannot comment on the true nature of the beast due to your lack of batteries, what are you actually reviewing? The build quality?

Bring better information, or let's wait until someone else takes a stab at actually adding information to what we already got from Saalbuster's thread.

I am not a troll.

obi

magnum70383

Enlightened

Lol your normal self covering for your troll self! Haha! The proper batteries are on their way! :)

Shooter21

Enlightened

Can't wait to get mine it's going to put my deft edc to shame.

Last edited:

magnum70383

Enlightened

^^^it's sooooooo powerful for such a small light. With the proper batteries, this thing heats up very fast, but unlike other lights that throttles down, this keeps going!

I've been taking mines out every night. When I want to make it a flood I just put 3 fingers at the head to reflect the light lol

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow it blows away your ut in throw.tbat was just the beamshot i was looking for

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I really want this light. There are situations when an aimed beam without spill is clearly preferable! But it's costly.

magnum70383

Enlightened

I really want this light. There are situations when an aimed beam without spill is clearly preferable! But it's costly.

Yeah. Many times where I point my m2x-ut at something far, all I see is spill. This light is something special. Thick laser beam... That's what it is lol

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah. Many times where I point my m2x-ut at something far, all I see is spill. This light is something special. Thick laser beam... That's what it is lol

Since earlier I have Tiablo A9 with aspheric lens. But it's not close to this DEFT edc-X. Actually I now have several ordinary reflector lights who outthrow the Tiablo with the lens.