Followup to the SRT7

gnappi

Newly Enlightened
I have mine since July and I think it's a pretty good light. The selector ring is Sooooo much better than those idiotic (of which I have none) must step through 5 mode lights.

My only minor beef with it is output power and runtime. I would REALLY like to see a multi emitter model with two batteries. Yes I know the second emitter would chew up runtime but only if left on full brightness. Maybe the manufacturer has an ear to forums like this? I can hope no?

gnappi

Newly Enlightened
I already have multi emitter lights with several batteries, I'm specifically looking for an "upgrade" to the SRT7. I hope that at some point they will make one?

Prepped

Enlightened
I was wondering the same thing before I pulled the trigger on the SRT5. I wish it had a voltage indicator like many of their newer lights do when you insert a battery - The red LED will flash corresponding to the voltage of the battery. Also, I wish there was a fast way to get to the highest output and strobe, much like with my Olight M10, where you can quickly depress the rear clicky twice for highest output, and three times for strobe. If they incorporated that, this would be the perfect light in my mind.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, I wish there was a fast way to get to the highest output and strobe, much like with my Olight M10, where you can quickly depress the rear clicky twice for highest output, and three times for strobe. If they incorporated that, this would be the perfect light in my mind.
The Nitecore P20 has a paddle switch on the rear of the light that allows for instant access to strobe.

The P20 is also available with a UV light group that works the same way, paddle switch.

The SRT-7 is very fast to operate with the magnetic ring. It's 960 lumens and you have the cool cop mode blue/red flashing light.

All light interfaces are a trade off. Some like the ease of a rear clicky, others like a side switch, others the control ring, and others the twisty. Pick your poison and learn how to operate the light so that you have access to the features you need.

gnappi

Newly Enlightened
The SRT-7 is very fast to operate with the magnetic ring. It's 960 lumens and you have the cool cop mode blue/red flashing light.

All light interfaces are a trade off. Some like the ease of a rear clicky, others like a side switch, others the control ring, and others the twisty. Pick your poison and learn how to operate the light so that you have access to the features you need.

Yeah, agreed on all points. A side switch is more desireable for police as you can operate the light from a mid hold without moving your hand while holding a gun. Seems like the rear switch is more popular, I find it awkward and unnatural. As far as the SRT7 goes if you're using it as a flashlight it's one click to flashing. The flashing options to me are not usable, I use mostly the dimmer and red in the dark to keep from getting night blindness.

But Nitecore figured out the most likely used positions on the ring perfectly. From dimmer one click right to flash, or one click left to red.

At least I do not HAVE to see the others I do not want. I have only bought multi mode lights with a memory function so I can leave the flashlight in a flashlight mode... go figure.