Problem wiht Manker Godmes T01

marsalla

Newly Enlightened
I recieved my T01 and wonder if there is a problem:

Like was purchased from our favorite auction site """bay. With any AA battery light performs as expected this includes both alkaline and NiMH.

The problem is when I use 14500 batteries. Upon initial use the light will turn on and go through all functions as expected; no surprises. After I turn off light it will not turn back on until I loosen the tail cap. After I loosen and re tighten the cap the light will turn on again and work properly; until I turn it off again.

The people I bought the light from claim this is normal and per their report they say Manker also states this is true.

I do not buy this story but await any feedback from forum member

I have tested light with efest IM and eagletack protected batteries.

they all do the same

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't sound normal at all to me, reviews I saw on this light never mentioned this. I would get a refund or a new one. Another option would be to buy a much better light like a Zebralight SC52 which gives 500 lumens on a 14500 for 1 minute or the SC5 for 3 minutes on Eneloop. Much better build quality and durability imo with better UI.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't sound normal at all to me, reviews I saw on this light never mentioned this. I would get a refund or a new one. Another option would be to buy a much better light like a Zebralight SC52 which gives 500 lumens on a 14500 for 1 minute or the SC5 for 3 minutes on Eneloop. Much better build quality and durability imo with better UI.

However, the SC5 and SC52 are both short-range flooders. The Manker T01 reportedly outputs 20k lux. That's quite a bit of throw for such a small light.